ADVERTISEMENT

Ollie needs to work some magic with Nolan

northdakotahusky

Nov 27, 2010
I'm not sure if he needs a hug or a whip. Nolan looked really down after me missed that point blank dunk when he got fouled. At least he got fouled, but I don't understand how he missed that. I felt bad for Nolan tonight. He tried to make a couple moves. I think he was trying. Is Nolan too slow? Bad hands? Can't jump? What's his deal? I think he should be better than this.

I was at the game. I thought that Nolan was active and aggressive but a little over anxious on offense. I think that he will be fine.

Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw a glimmer of hope. I was oddly happy with Nolan. Nothing worked out for Phil. He played like garbage. But hee seemed a bit more aggressive than last year.

TV shows things much closer and Nola. Is a mess. To be fair Nolan was just one of 5 guys who walked around like they just got demoted.

Nolan is just not the guy.

I disagree with your characterization Dom. I did not see lack of effort or lack of hustle at all. I did see some inexperience and adjustment issues to new roles and new players.

Hamilton will be a great player for us. If Calhoun can hit the three from the corner and Brimah and Nolan be a threat at the rim it will be difficult for teams to pack the middle against Hamilton's penetration.

You do get some better views watching on TV but being at the game in person I believe gives a better sense of pace and effort. I have been to some preseason games in the past where I left wondering if they would win a game all year. I did not have that sense last night. Give southern their due they played well, defended well and made some good shots. In the end they had no one to match up with Brimah.

I didnt think there was a lack of effort but the attitude and looks on their faces from the tip was terrible. That is what you get to see on TV, you see their faces and EVERYONE of them was sulking all game. That concerns me.

Ollie took some quick timeouts to manage some of these issues. The players do have to learn to play through bad stretches when things are not going well, and not leave 3 point shooters open because of a suck-ass offensive possession. I really think Coach Ollie will keep them attuned to these things and make them adjust their attitudes and body language when needed. Last year Napier had some games where he was guilty of the same things. In the Villanova game which was a dangerous testing point, Napier let the refs take him out of the game and fortunately Boat and Samuels stepped up. The good news is that this team has depth so if someone is not getting it done others will step in and step up. And we all know how it ended for Napier, he rose past those bad performances and turned in some great ones. It is all about how they bounce back on Sunday. Hopefully Phil will play better. He certainly needs to.

Nolan keeps getting his shot blocked by 6-5 guys. He doesn't know how top go hard to the hole. And his hands are pretty bad. We need to play Brimah 30 minutes and Nolan 10.

The Ferrari has lots of rust

Nolan showed no evidence that he can avoid being stuffed under the bucket, like last season...very unimpressive outing. Let's hope they do better in next game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT