ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
They are 3-0, having beaten Campbell, Central Arkansas and New Orleans and scored over 100 points in each of those games. I don't know if there is any TV for this game so may need to head to a sports bar. Anyone know what the TV status is?

Ok st is small, doesn't play d, doesn't board & wants to run this is a great matchup to get this season on track.

Need I remind you that Wagner and Northeastern also used smallish teams and neither seemed like a rebounding juggernaut but both beat UConn on the scoreboard and on the boards.

OSU averaged 107 points in its first 3 games and it's safe to conclude they will try and run as much as they can and from that standpoint stylistically it should be a better matchup for UConn. But a team like than can play zone defense against UConn (they would be foolish not to) and hide individual defensive weaknesses.

They don't play zone and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Uconn should be 3-0 at this point, yeah?

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Line is Oklahoma State by 1.5
Man, I wish I lived in Vegas, I don't bet but it'd be very tempting the last few games to bet the house against Uconn from what we've seen so far.
So at least that would temper my frustration since Uconn is 0-2 vs. point spread and I don't expect anything to change from this confused group.

I think it could get ugly tonight.....Vegas must be catching on quick since the line has made a huge jump since it opened... right now it's moved
up a couple of points to OK St now by 3 1/2 or 4. CBB Vegas odds .....meaning everyone is betting against Uconn....

We defiantly have a chance it just comes down to limiting their chances on offensive rebounds and closing out on 3's. Gilbert being out will defiantly be a big blow for our team but we just need to take one play at a time. Hoping for the best! #LetsGoUConn

Based on what we have seen it would be dumb for them to not play any zone. This is a team that could be playing into UConn's hand but the fact he was asked these questions probably has him looking carefully at the scouting report on UConn which is "play zone cuz they look disorganized as hell against it and are shooting 23% on 3s."

Some coaches don't think highly of zone defense. Maybe Coach Underwood likes his matchups.
Very true, my HS FR coach at Windsor refused to allow us to play it...ever......he said I'm not allowing my team to sit back in a comfortable zone all game and then have to rush out to a man to man if we get behind. But the guy was a defense fanatic. I remember we were all proud of our selves coming back on a road trip when we scored 100+ pts one game. The next day in practice he had his whistle out making us run suicides until we dropped...our big mistake ??? We scored 100+ but gave up 79 points ....but I guess you can't argue with a coach who always plays with man-to man pressure, especially when his teams never lost more than 1-2 games a season for years.

Last edited:
Blades, that was because y'all had athletes, and when you play the slower teams with a zone defense, teams that all they can do is shoot with no speed at all, it's silly to play zone defense. You are doing them a favor. However Oklahoma State does not have better athletes than UConn does.

Blades, that was because y'all had athletes, and when you play the slower teams with a zone defense, teams that all they can do is shoot with no speed at all, it's silly to play zone defense. Oklahoma State does not have better athletes than UConn does.
I hope your right but if they are scoring 100+ a game, we shall see....

They also have no length, which is important for a zone. Small, quick teams might be better off playing man, ok st plays 4 guards at times, that lineup will not be playing any kind of zone.

Blades, that was because y'all had athletes, and when you play the slower teams with a zone defense, teams that all they can do is shoot with no speed at all, it's silly to play zone defense. You are doing them a favor. However Oklahoma State does not have better athletes than UConn does.
Better athletes my ass, Uconn's getting pressured all over the court while KO has them running the same weak ass offense that moves the ball away from the hoop not towards it. And they telegraph passes into pressure and no one even moves to the ball to catch a pass ....same time as these "better Uconn athlete's " leave their guys wide open all over the court...these guys are a joke like the coaching staff who's improved no one...

Last edited:
did they forget how to shoot FT's or lay-ups over the summer ?????

Love Bilas for calling out the refs.

Now I hope he calls out our coach. This team is Turrible.

Yeah, Uconn is soft as ice cream in July, but WTF is up with these zebra's....OSU has their hands all over Uconn and they been bumping them all over the court...
then Uconn breathes on somebody and it's a foul !!!

At some point the players have to look at themselves and start taking some responsibility. Maybe guys like me that always talk shit about the coach give them an excuse to stink as well.

It's been 4 consecutive really bad games by UConn. Their offensive stats are horrible across the board, as bad as I can remember a UConn team starting, and they have not even played a top 25 team!!!!!!

And KO still doesn't have an in-bound play that doesn't have stolen written all over it....actually does he know what one is except a lob pass to a guy standing still....

At this point, id sign to make the NIT. Depressing.

Wish list of coaches for next year? I always liked Tommy Amaker. Wojo would give us some feistiness. But would you leave Marquette for uconn?

At this point, id sign to make the NIT. Depressing.

Wish list of coaches for next year? I always liked Tommy Amaker. Wojo would give us some feistiness. But would you leave Marquette for uconn?
Com'n Canolee, I know we look desperate , but 2 Duke guys is going overboard...LOL !

Reactions: CaNOLEE
HEY KO THAT's CALLED AN IN- BOUNDS PLAY !!!

Last edited:
Win that game if one of 3 things happen

1. AG was healthy

2. Jalen wakes up 1st half

3. Ok st doesn't make EVERY 3

Cheer up boys, Huskies just put up 90 points without 2 starters. It's going to get good.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
The latter part of the second half was not bad, UConn kept playing, but the amount of TOs this game was ridiculous, too many free points for OSU.

Win that game if one of 3 things happen

1. AG was healthy

2. Jalen wakes up 1st half

3. Ok st doesn't make EVERY 3

Cheer up boys, Huskies just put up 90 points without 2 starters. It's going to get good.
OK BOB DIACO....there's nothing to be happy about when you get run into the ground out of the gate......
this has been vintage KO in to many games....his only teaching moment should be ..... " Do you like the hurt ???....then play like you did
in the 2nd half for 40 minutes against everyone... this is F#&KING UCONN you came to men...there's no moral victories or if's and but's !!! "

I will give you a #4 though...the refs didn't do Uconn any favors !

Last edited:
The loss hurts as usual but the one positive thing is that we know Jalen Adams is capable of taking over games. If we played like we did in the second half for the entire game, it would have been a different story. A lot of mistakes still being made and the offense just comes and goes (with the defense as well) which will be our ultimate demise. Purvis finally needs to know his role as to attack the basket and draw fouls instead of sitting on the three point line all day. 1-3 is a shameful start for us and with Larrier possibly being out some time, we will need to step it up more than ever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT