ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Richards

Rumors are that Cuse may lead :(. These rumors coming on the heels of us offering Victor Uyaelunmo probably doesn't bode all that well for our Richards' chances

We will definitely need another big boy to add to the class

There must be red flags on Obiagu like there were on Zach Brown. He kind of seemed like a second tier recruit anyway and sometimes guys with a red flag or two that are not really that highly rated just aren't worth the trouble. He might also have an eligibility or academic issue. We have to trust that if the coaches stop recruiting a guy it's due to good cause. As we saw with Brown.

Here's what I'm thinking with Richards. His top three seems to be UConn, Kentucky, and Syracuse with Indiana and Arizona around as well. For Kentucky he seems to be a little bit of a second or third option possibly but they would still undoubtedly take a commitment from him today. As with UConn, he's definitely one of Syracuse's top targets. He knows he's a huge priority for UConn and Ollie showed him that last week watching him all the time.

For Obiagu, I do still believe UConn is recruiting him some. He's behind Richards and Bamba on the wish list but still has interest. Saw somewhere before the first live period that UConn was among the six or seven schools he said were recruiting him the hardest. I'll check into him in the coming days.

Reactions: rta32
Cuse recruiting sanctions = JOKE!!!!

And why would the kid want to go to a crap city like Syracuse with its crap weather and play for a guy that pees himself on national TV? Only one logical conclusion...$$$.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Lol husky maniac. I seen Boeheim at peach jam and more in Houston while him and McNamara were watching USA team practice. He kinda knows me and my UCONN affiliation. I told him you better not be here for Bamba or Diallo! He laughed it off in Boeheim fashion then said they are pretty good lol.

Anyway coach wants Bamba really bad and of course diallo!!

Lots of NBA scouts here too the other day. Funny listening to them speak on some of these young guys

Why is Boeheim still coaching? Isn't he older than Calhoun was when he retired? And why don't kids worry about him retiring like they did when Calhoun was like 10 years younger than him? I get the feeling that he feels the need to match Calhoun's three championships.

Lol husky maniac. I seen Boeheim at peach jam and more in Houston while him and McNamara were watching USA team practice. He kinda knows me and my UCONN affiliation. I told him you better not be here for Bamba or Diallo! He laughed it off in Boeheim fashion then said they are pretty good lol.

Anyway coach wants Bamba really bad and of course diallo!!

Lots of NBA scouts here too the other day. Funny listening to them speak on some of these young guys
So we're on the outside looking in on Richards I'm assuming?

With Bamba looking like a big Duke lean and UK seemingly in second, KO is really going to have to bust his ass to get a top center for 2017.

So we're on the outside looking in on Richards I'm assuming?

With Bamba looking like a big Duke lean and UK seemingly in second, KO is really going to have to bust his ass to get a top center for 2017.

The whole Zach Brown drama can certainly set you back. KO thinks he has his big man building block locked in and then just like that he doesn't and you have to jump back in on some of the other big men recruitments.

Tough to make up that kind of ground if you are KO. Doomsday scenario is missing on MAL, Diallo and top big men targets...

....or sometimes it's best thing that ever happens when you lose a recruit....see Uconn losing out on Brandon Jennings to Arizona ...Jennings never plays a minute for the Wildcats or even goes to college.....then Uconn gets the back-up plan... a true student/athlete who not only goes to school but graduates in 3 years on the way to a NC....some kid named Kemba....I just SMH at recruiting because you never know...until you know

Reactions: UconNell
Very true but are we talking about losing a Jennings and getting a Kemba? People forget how highly rated he was. I would take a Kemba.

At the end of the process yes, KW ended up a McAA and a top 20 on Rivals. But early in the process I remember some posters on this board we're losing their sh#t, when Uconn didn't get Jennings a top 10. That was when Kemba was just considered a push guard with no outside shot. I probably can't find the early rankings but he was maybe only around top 50 range when it started out.

Same thing when Uconn lost out on Knight, Selby and Joseph....another panic attack on this board...then word got out there was some kid named Napier (#98) that no one even knew was on the radar.... so you never know...My view is these kids with immediate one and done NBA dreams, I think the jury is always out on how healthy they are to a program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
At the end of the process yes, KW ended up a McAA and a top 20 on Rivals. But early in the process I remember some posters on this board we're losing their sh#t, when Uconn didn't get Jennings a top 10. That was when Kemba was just considered a push guard with no outside shot. I probably can't find the early rankings but he was maybe only around top 50 range when it started out.

Same thing when Uconn lost out on Knight, Selby and Joseph....another panic attack on this board...then word got out there was some kid named Napier (#98) that no one even knew was on the radar.... so you never know...My view is these kids with immediate one and done NBA dreams, I think the jury is always out on how healthy they are to a program.
Absolutely Blades...we went from being teased not once but twice with one of the top PGs let alone players in the class to "settling" for a relatively unknown and ultimately under ranked PG from NY.

At the end of the day we don't know anything about who we missed on and who we get until things shake out on the court. We know as good as anyone that stars mean sh*t. In KO we trust.

My recollection on Kemba is that he was a highly rated recruit but a lot of scouts thought he was a Ben Gordon type, he could be brilliant but was wild and undisciplined. Kemba moved up a notch late when he helped the USA U18 or U20 team win a Gold Medal in an international tournament and was named MVP before his freshman season.

Kemba was then very wild and erratic his first two years at UConn. you could see he had talent but then he would play out of control at times. A lot of people blamed Jerome Dyson and the bad chemistry that was created, but I don't totally believe this.

Kemba made an immense improvement from the end of his sophomore year to his junio year. His junior year at UConn was one of the best seasons ever by a UConn player.He should have been the national college player of the year.

My recollection on Kemba is that he was a highly rated recruit but a lot of scouts thought he was a Ben Gordon type, he could be brilliant but was wild and undisciplined. Kemba moved up a notch late when he helped the USA U18 or U20 team win a Gold Medal in an international tournament and was named MVP before his freshman season.

Kemba was then very wild and erratic his first two years at UConn. you could see he had talent but then he would play out of control at times. A lot of people blamed Jerome Dyson and the bad chemistry that was created, but I don't totally believe this.

Kemba made an immense improvement from the end of his sophomore year to his junio year. His junior year at UConn was one of the best seasons ever by a UConn player. He should have been the national college player of the year.
Absolutely..Shooting....... Kemba was a push guard not really a Ben Gordon type coming out of HS...Ben was a combo shooter with limited PG skills..and correct about the FIBA America's MVP...that propelled him as a leader( but I still think Kemba deferring to Dyson because he was a respectful guy and even though he completely lead team USA was an issue/ caused bad chemistry) But very true it was hard work, desire, then the added shooting and a clear defined role as the true leader for his 2010-11 Uconn team that made the difference.

Some of these one and done's seem to lack work ethic as rental players in college or never have time to develop their game which leads to winning, when they have an eye on the NBA almost as soon as they walk in and out of the door. Give me a 3 year+ player( Ray, Rip, Ben, Meka, Donyell, etc.) who we can watch develop with their team and it's a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
The whole Zach Brown drama can certainly set you back. KO thinks he has his big man building block locked in and then just like that he doesn't and you have to jump back in on some of the other big men recruitments...

I guess he'll be a an old FR, but it looks like Zach has found a home .....St Johns might be a good place for him....
I hope he gains some balance and leaves his past issues in the rear view mirror:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT