ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Job Captain !!!

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
#22 should bench himself the next game if he had any self respect ....is he to much of a bonehead to just go to the bench when the play is over and everyone else did their job after they had a 3 & out down 7...way to steal any chance of a comeback because kicking the ball after the play is dead is more important than your team....Where the f#ck do these guys get off at with celebrations or dead ball nonsense....Diaco's got to send a bigger message than just talk to the selfish jerks, hope he's proud of himself.....

Last edited:
Adams, Captain, As a leader voted as such by his teammates, if he didn't already in that locker room, needs to stand up and address the team. "Boys, TEAMMATES..., We, The D, were playing our guts out into that 4th Qtr., and I lost my head. I succumbed to the prevailing culture of "selfie" Classless behavior, that IS Selfishness, and so, in a game that demands reliance upon one another, and so Respect for one another, I, through my selfishness, disrespected you all, my Teammates. We had a fighting chance to come back and win that game. Our offense had life and effort enough to work their way down the field and answer our opponents score. Our field goal kicker and so our FG team, came through with a personal best and now it was our job to hold them....And we did..., we fought..., until I, your captain, thought only of myself, and for that, I apologize to you all. We win as a Team, and so we lose as a Team, but I take this upon myself. There is no other Locker Room, no Team, no Fellow Warriors..., that I would rather be part of than this one..., right here..., right now, no matter how difficult this moment may be, and is...., as it should be, for it is a shame I brought upon myself, and so I promise you all, My Teammates, I will never again disrespect the Confidence and so Honor..., that you gifted me by voting #22 one of your Captains. I Learned and will Not forget, I'm Proud of You All.... Let us, our Team, go back to the work we love and respect on Monday, It is a privilege, Thankyou."

Reactions: the Blades
The mind numbing part for me wasn't just the first time he kicked it....he actually had to chase after it for a second kick to knock into the stands....This right after the ESPN announcers talked about Diaco creating a positive culture...talk about spitting in the face of Diaco and his team mates in a 20-13 game when you're team is getting the ball back with 8 minutes to go... probably the most ill-timed selfishness I've seen in the last 20 years of Uconn football. But the HC's gotta sit guys for the rest of a game at least (no matter who they are) because no one can put himself ahead of his team like that...so it has to be next "man" up who can be trusted..... and as you said with this the prevailing culture in FB from HS on up...knowing that refs are gonna call it... this mentally weak stuff can not be acceptable for Diaco as part of his new build.

Last edited:
Fortunately for me I fell asleep probably right before this happened. I am glad I missed this bonehead melt down. I have seen a bunch of people saying the refs should have never thrown the flag and let the kid express his emotions but the more I read about what transpired the flag seems legit.

Theres celebration and there just celebration that crosses the line. This instance seems to be the latter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT