ADVERTISEMENT

New Enoch article.....

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
...his dad's Uconn roots go back to Corny Thompson and Mike McKay...also spent some time with Drummond

"Great influence, I look up to him. He motivates me, because a lot of people didn't believe in him. To see him work hard
now, be the beast he is right now, that's motivation for me."

Out at Pangos:
"The first morning before camp began, Enoch joined Drummond, Shabazz Napier, Klay Thompson and others in pick-up games.
"He knew Steve was special to me," Mathews (his coach) said of Drummond. "He went out to Pangos for four days, and 80
percent of his downtime was with Andre. Video games and basketball, that's all they did together."NHR - UConn recruit Enoch has come a long way in a short time

This post was edited on 4/18 11:21 AM by the Blades

Corny Thompson's last year at UConn was my first. I used to see him shopping at a supermarket called Edwards Universal on Rt. 195. Seemed like a quiet and unassuming guy. He had game but was not really a great athlete. I am trying to think of a comp that the younger guys on this board can appreciate but I am drawing a blank.

Corny was a excellent player in high school, but didn't really improve at UCONN. I partial blame Perno for that as he was not good at developing players, but is one of the nicest man one could meet.

Not sure there is anyone since reminds me of Corny, but I would say Sean May from UNC

Jim Calhoun would have made Corny reach his potential. He was a great ball handler for a man his size but never really in great shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT