ADVERTISEMENT

NBA mock draft has Brimah in the 1st round

TateGorgeous

May 10, 2014
NBAdraft.net has Amida Brimah as the #22 selection in the 2015 NBA Draft. Could Diamond Stone be waiting for a bigger opening hear? Ideally we'd have both but maybe it's not in his best interests to be stuck behind a junior center with lottery potential.

I dont see it at all yet. I dont see anything that makes me want to take him in the first round even on just potential. He is rail thin and has basic at best skills. He does have heart and passion which I guess in that 7ft realm makes him first round draft potential.

Agreed Dom
I guess its all in the eye of the beholder...like when the Rockets were in desperate need of a big man a few yrs back...

I'm not saying he won't develop into a 1st rounder....just don't see it at this point.

Guys,

The NBA does not draft based on what guys are now, they draft based on what they may some day be. Numerous guys get drafted in the 1st round based on potential. You sometimes don't know how guys develop. David Robinson who is a Hall of Fame NBA player, coming out of high school was 6'7" and there was zero interest in him except by the US Naval Academy, and what interested Navy was that Robinson scored 1320 on his SATs which was a lot more points than he had playing hoops in high school. He was not on anyone's NBA radar until after his sophomore season which was his breakout year.

I tend to think Brimah will get a lot better this year because he works hard and plays hard and hustles. He is nowhere near ready for the NBA right now but he is a definite legitimate prospect. He needs to grow as a player.

They are all coming back except Boatright. Boatright looks like he will be drafted but not until the second round.

Opponent aside, you have to figure a 40 point performance from an athletic 7 footer creates a buzz through the scout community.

The opponent sucked moose balls and his stats really don't mean anything, half of it was Hamilton and not Brimah anyway. Scouts are not so dumb that they don't know these things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT