ADVERTISEMENT

Montez Mathis?

Mom must've really had something against Uconn .
Not necessarily. She may have just really liked Rutgers, or maybe it's that the school is not that far away and she can get to many of the home games, and when they play at Maryland she can easily get to that game. When he can't get to a game it will be on TV thanks to the BTN.

I don't know for sure because I didn't cover this recruitment very closely. I'm just pointing out that the kid's mother could have had all kinds of reasons to like Rutgers

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Not necessarily. She may have just really liked Rutgers, or maybe it's that the school is not that far away and she can get to many of the home games, and when they play at Maryland she can easily get to that game. When he can't get to a game it will be on TV thanks to the BTN.

I don't know for sure because I didn't cover this recruitment very closely. I'm just pointing out that the kid's mother could have had all kinds of reasons to like Rutgers
Agreed , but do you also get the sense the kid preffered Uconn ?

Agreed , but do you also get the sense the kid preffered Uconn ?
I only spoke with Mathis three or four times, and only once in person (July 30). If he preferred any school he did a really good job of hiding it while speaking with me. So my answer to your question is no.

What I DO believe is that someone at Team BBC preferred UConn because they had a relationship with Coach Chill.

I believe that, initially, this caused the kid to lean towards Connecticut because of the trust he had in this person at Team BBC. This made it appear to look like the kid preferred Connecticut, and almost resulted in a verbal commitment to Connecticut.

Chill just can not hit a curve ball. Anyone know if there are any closers currently looking for a job?

I hope we've put this train wreck in the rear-view before the stories start becoming public. This is maddening, it's like not knowing how many more ticks you get before the bomb goes off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT