ADVERTISEMENT

Missing Richie Springs

victorio1234

Mar 7, 2010
Anybody know what ever happened to Richie Springs? Is he's red-shirting it's a shame, because we could sure use him.

He is on the team, there are no redshirts because all players get an extra year of eligibility. Hurley said he is a developmental player. He isn't ready. If he could help the team he would be playing.

He is on the team, there are no redshirts because all players get an extra year of eligibility. Hurley said he is a developmental player. He isn't ready. If he could help the team he would be playing.
It's his second year in the program, you would think that coach would give him some burn time and see how he does against competition.

It's his second year in the program, you would think that coach would give him some burn time and see how he does against competition.
I'm guessing that's done in practice. I'd love to see what he can do also, but that's more out of curiousity than anything. It's easy to say someone should get some/more time on the court, the challenge is, who does his time take away from? But, i hear ya. Intrigued by HCDH prior comments about RS being one of the best offensive rebounders he's been around.

I think we can presume that DH has seen how Springs does against the competition he faces every day in practice and doesn't believe it's good enough to cut it in games. The team doesn't need offensive rebounding at this time. In case nobody noticed, UConn is top 5 in the nation in O boards. What they need is guys who can create their own shots and score when the offense bogs down. That's what they have been missing since BOUK went out. They also miss Akok's shot blocking. I suspect the weak defense against St. John's that developed into a loss when nobody could keep their man in front of them might not have happened if Akok was around to swat away and deter some of the rim attacks that went on that whole game. Rim protection is your second line of defense after your guards get beat. Whaley has been solid and was great last night but Akok is a more natural shot blocker who is also slightly taller.

When you're up big and in control, no harm in giving Springs a chance. Especially when the other bigs were in foul trouble.

Come on, @tzzznandrew use your connections with Hurley to get our man Springs some play!

Reactions: tzzznandrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT