ADVERTISEMENT

May need a Wing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie3178

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
So you can come to the conclusion on who that maybe that is leaving.......

If he's referring to his boy there are problems with this team that extend beyond the bench

Vance is a good player but had his limitations. Not quick or athletically gifted but was very skilled. Would hate to see him go but understandable and he's replaceable

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Honestly that doesn't make more sense because he got way more minutes than he should have due to injuries and he actually improved as the season went along, but he does have some limitations. I hate to see revolving door of players leaving because it's not good for team stability.

It's panic time in Storrs. Man right now the BY has us losing everybody from Jalen to Rique to coaches down the damn water boys.

One of these days we will have good vibes again. It's been quite awhile since we have had those.

Also just saw someone say rique is leaving can you please shoot that rumor down?

Please tell me who that is/was???

Rique is not leaving he has been working and will train with my bro Swain tomorrow morning!!

Can anyone play Nearer, My God, to thee on the violin? Aka the last song played on the Titanic.

I swam away. Serious shrinkage.

And it was just referenced on Showtimes 'Billions'. I did, see the movie,however. Relationships are awesome when they only last 72 hours. How Much did we love our coach three years ago? Familiarity breeds contempt.

Reactions: andersonfro
Idiots will always breed idiots

I'm an idiot because I've got a problem with the direction of the program.

You're the type of person KO likes to surround himself with, you're the guy he gives information to.

You are evidence of what my growing concern is with this program

Seems like VJ Sr is taking offense to the VJ lack of defense talk...foreshadowing

KO needs more guys like Vance not less, you know real basketball players that actually understand the game, not these 3-4 year projects that never get better with this staff.

KO needs more guys like Vance not less, you know real basketball players that actually understand the game, not these 3-4 year projects that never get better with this staff.
I agree Blades. It was refreshing watching VJ and Vital really come into their own so soon last season. It's been awhile since we had a dead eye wing shooter and would hate to lose that.

I'm assuming he got some constructive criticism/feedback from KO that he needs to improve on defense for next year and this is his father trying to debunk that. VJ Sr certainly feels like we are dealing with the 2nd coming of Oriakhi's father

Reactions: UconNell
He's right those #s don't lie.

Could be he's addressing the goofy online chatter about his kid not being necessary for success.

Could be KO is out of his mind.

The difference between him & AO's dad is, vance's dad is right

True.... Silk... there's probably a little of that with his pops, I remember earlier in the season he was making some comments, then he shut down his twitter if I recall. But
sometimes I question KO's understanding of who's doing what. See him taking a whole season to figure out Giffey/Kromah yes, back from injury Omar No.....

I see what I see from 10 rows away @ Gampel... if KO gave Purvis half the chit that he gave Vance...with bonehead play after bonehead play that RP made throughout his
career, he might of coached some of the WTF moments out of him. If you want to beat certain kids up while letting others do WTF they want like KO did with Purvis, you
lose alot of coaching credibility in my eyes, FWIW.... And after all.... the rest of the coaches in the AAC named Vance to the all rookie team.....maybe KO is to smart for his own good and doesn't know what he has.

Last edited:
He knows Vance is a very good player and granted numbers don't lie but the job of a coach is to push his players to get better. Just because some stats say you are good or above average doesn't meant you are a finished product. Vance if he stays will likely improve because as already stated he has good basketball IQ.

I agree, by no means is Vance a finished product and he should be pushed, but I've seen alot of inconsistency from the Uconn bench and now it seems to have creeped into the off season...

I think anyone who infers that a player doesn't have something to learn regardless of level is straight nonsense.

But there's no telling what was said or if there is even a relationship that could handle what was said. Apparently, right or wrong, someone isn't happy.

Who's job would that be?

I'm an idiot because I've got a problem with the direction of the program.

You're the type of person KO likes to surround himself with, you're the guy he gives information to.

You are evidence of what my growing concern is with this program

Shut up!

Hope KO can talk VJ off the ledge again.

More concerned with losing one of Rique and Jalen though

I'm thinking VJ could have gotten more burn this year, he looks like he has good BBIQ!

Whoever thinks Jalen and Rique are leaving.... get your heads and thumbs out of your a$$es. They are training hard and so is Larrier.

Vance is also working ..... I just posted may need a wing because that's what I was texted by an assistant on staff when I asked what else we are looking at...

Reactions: Silk31 and jhc08002
maybe because the op references a player to be named leaving and one player on the team fits the bill?

My question is why is speculation being played out on a board that anyone can read, instead of behind the pay wall? I've seen some hurt feelings over the years because of things said on the fan's board whether in football or basketball.

Reactions: andersonfro
Great suggestion. The leaks coming from KO through his friend are bizarre at this point, certainly of questionable judgment. First he leaks that a long time loyal assistant was fired days before the final 4 seriously crippling his ability to find another job then he talks about a kid thinking about transferring out.

Maybe he needs to hire publicist to sit next to him on the bench, preferably one who knows how to run a collegiate level offense, bonus available for d1.

If they're going to be cloaked in this level of incompetence at least we have a circus to keep us entertained.

Last edited:
Because butt hurt "fans" like the cry baby in here think they know stuff and want the info so bad yet can't take it when it's given!!

It's just a bad way to do business. In one week you've managed to shit on a kid & an assistant with the apparent blessing of the coach. You'll never see another team behaving this way.

Why would I want to be the parent of a kid in this program or a coach after reading you the past few days? Ollie has a "leak" who will throw me or my kid under the bus to satisfy fans online?

Last edited:
Nice try loser... now do us all a favor and go away!!

Before I ask Blades to set you straight again

It's just a bad way to do business. In one week you've managed to shit on a kid & an assistant with the apparent blessing of the coach. You'll never see another team behaving this way.

Why would I want to be the parent of a kid in this program or a coach after reading you the past few days? Ollie has a "leak" who will throw me or my kid under the bus to satisfy fans online?
You need to take a "chill-pill"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT