ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville imposing postseason ban

Source: Pitino tells staff he expects to lose his job via @ESPN App http://es.pn/2k2F0fi
Rick Pitino “effectively fired” by Louisville as coach, AD placed on administrative leave
“I’m more angry than embarrassed,” Interim university President Postel said. “We will be looking for someone with integrity. There’s no reason this team can’t have a good season. It is vital for this university to strictly adhere to the NCAA rules and of course federal law. Failure to do that would be a tacit endorsement of criminal behavior.”

Pitino is all done at Louisville and so is Jurich. I wonder if Pearl's head is the next one to get chopped off by this scandal. I think Person was the only of the charged assistants who was put on administrative leave with no pay.

Pitino will probably bring a wrongful termination claim proclaiming his innocence and Louisville will have to settle that one for some big money as well. That termination clause in his contract sounds very tricky to me.

Hate to say I told you so, but I called this guy out a year and a half ago. It's the reason I bumped this thread from last year.....for yesterday's little nuggets....
I really do feel bad for Enoch... especially since he's a CT kid...unless of course him and his pops got the "Pitino bonus plan"...;)

Last edited:
Jurich should have fired Pitino........but, he was loyal to his guy and as a good captain does, he went down with the ship.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT