ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky-UNC

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This was the best regular season college basketball game I have seen this year and in a very long time. Kentucky is the best team I have seen this year and in both of their big national TV games (other one against MSU) Malik Monk has come up huge. Today Monk had a UK freshman record 47 points including huge bucket after huge bucket and unbelievable moves on the break. Justin Jackson had 35 for UNC and Fox the point guard for Kentucky is VERY good as is their center Abedayo who is pure power with the drop step and dunk moves. These teams have big time players and it was a big time game. It's too bad only a few teams in college hoops horde the talent but they are fun to watch and I must say for a young team I can't believe how good Kentucky plays. I saw them twice on national TV and they were fantastic beating very good teams both times.

I haven't seen UCLA or Duke at full strength. I think UK may have slept on UCLA a little bit, not sure as I did not see that game. Of who I have seen so far Kentucky is vastly superior in skill and athleticism. Monk, Fox and Abedayo are all serious big time players and they play together and play hard. That's what inpresses me. I saw relatively few mental mistakes by UK. At the end of the game on a 2 on 1 fastbreak Monk tried to lob to Wenyen Gabriel (the guy UConn recruited), and though it was easily catchable it went through Gabriel's hands for a TO and no points. A safer pass could have been attempted possibly but Gabriel should have caught and jammed and he was thinking too much about what he would do after he caught it. But other than that and other than Calipari's self critique of UK that they were settling for jumpers (which they were making- Monk was 18-28 mostly shooting 3s), they played as well as a young team on the road against a top 7 team can possibly play. They will be very tough team to beat and I am warning you guys do not bet against them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT