ADVERTISEMENT

Kemba...

CaNOLEE

Jan 9, 2003
would he have been on the Olympic team if he as healthy? Obviously I'm biased, but I'd take him ahead of Lowry.

I would as well. Kemba is always overlooked but he is a top 10 PG in this league. He deserves to atleast get an invite because I think he would prove a lot of people wrong.

I think USA basketball wanted some point guards who could shoot the 3. Kemba's 3 ball improved but he isn't in the same league as Lowry as a shooter of 3s and we are talking international basketball not NBA basketball. You have to think about rules and the competition that will be faced.

DB, Kemba had a meniscus issue, so I think that's why he didn't try out. Only PGs you take over him for sure is Westbrook, Curry, Paul and Irving.

Khalid, there is plenty of 3pt shooting on this team(too much?) and Kemba and Lowrys 3pt #s were very similar this year. And I know when the going gets tough, our guy won't melt down.

Another uconn argument could be Drummond over Jordan. But I Get taking the experience here.

Btw, the US is playing with fire right now.

Reactions: the Blades
What happened in the past doesn't matter and what might happen in the future is also irrelevant. All that matters is how guys are playing right now. If you guys are suggesting that Lowry shouldn't be on the Olympic team of the guys who were available, I would suggest you didn't watch too much of the NBA playoffs this year. If Stephen Curry had been healthy he would have been taken over Lowry and Kemba as he is the best point guard in the NBA and the best 3 point shooter in the history of the league. Curry was both not healthy and not wanting to play which is what even opened this up for discussion.

Kemba might very well end up being better than Lowry but Lowry was uncoverable at times during these playoffs and he was a good selection. Kemba might make the 2020 Olympic teams but that is 4 years away and so many things can happen it is not worth speculating about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT