ADVERTISEMENT

Karl Hobb's replacement

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015
Based on the job posting, here are some hints at who the next assistant coach could be.

Minimum qualifications
  • minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball program
Preferred qualifications
  • experience as a full-time assistant coach at more than one Division I institution
  • member of a coaching staff which has led a team to multiple NCAA Tournament appearances
  • experience at the professional (NBA) level
Based on the minimum qualifications alone, it would seem that Kevin Freeman is not an option. He's only been DOBO for the past 4 years.

Any ideas on who it could be?

If I had the time I would compile a list of all the teams to make the tourney over the past 6 years. Then eliminate everyone who doesn't nba experience. Then I would look at that list and see who/if any crossed paths with KO in the nba.

I have a feeling that list wouldn't be long at that point and we can have a pretty good idea who the person is that KO has decided to add to the staff

I wouldn't mind seeing an older, sage former head coach hired e.g George Blaney type guy who was a great resource for Jim Calhoun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT