ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Jackson

UConnFamily

Gold Member
May 14, 2015
The other site is having some posters saying we are in good position to land him. He would be a great get this late in the game.

Awesome recruiting class if Ollie can close this kid

Reactions: UconNell
Well this was the buzz from "sources" (FWIW) before Oregon... anyone got anything since on more speculation or other reports ? And I wonder if guys like Bossi who make comments are just parroting a "report" like this ???

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the driver in the pole position in NASCAR wins 15-20% of the time. So that would be the Crystal Ball of Hoops Hype Canada.

What are you guys hearing? I hearing alot of Oregon talk. He could make a announcement soon. Next few days

That's a huge help although also big for Oregon as Brooks is a main man type player. Hamilton should have done the same as Brooks. Although Brooks didn't even get an invitation to the NBA combine so the writing was on the wall.

I'm hearing a lot of Maryland chatter. I posted on the main Rivals basketball recruiting board that I'm hearing that he will announce later today.

How are we losing recruits to Maryland?
Maryland did an excellent job of recruiting Jackson and his family, I'm not saying UCONN didn't, but Maryland was superb and had a good head start.

Also FWIW other than that one Tweet from Hoops Hype Canada, I was unable to find anyone who felt UCONN was in good shape with Jackson.

In fact, the day before Jackson announced his decision, one very good source told me this:

I have no idea where the UConn stuff came from, but I was hearing Oregon was likely. But I mean, it didn't look good when he took other visits and kept delaying.

Did Meyer and/or Bossi think UCONN would be the pick?

Those two are very plugged in. Clearly I had different sources than they did.

Reactions: tcf_15
.........would 've been nice ...but Next.......

What's the grad transfer market look like ? .and it's not like Uconn is bare at the 4...Maybe it's time for the 6-10, 23 year old SR to be, Facey to step up. He had better rebounding per 40 min #'s, than Hamilton...then the 6-7/225 Diarra and 6-10 Durham ( if healthy ) have an opportunity for immediate contribution. or 6-8 Larrier might be able to play some stretch ball at the 4...in a 3 guard line-up with Jalen, Rodney and Rique...plenty of options with the current 11 man roster, but with 2 schollies open a fill would probably have to be someone who is a guaranteed contributor or save them for 2017:

M2prvbE.png

Last edited:
Did Meyer and/or Bossi think UCONN would be the pick?

Those two are very plugged in. Clearly I had different sources than they did.
Bossi made this prediction very early, but then in the main recruiting forum said he was hearing Oregon:

Bossi’s take: A top 40 prospect at Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep before he returned home to Canada for his final year of high school, Jackson is a physical specimen. Standing 6-foot-7 he’s a well-put-together 230-pound combo forward with athleticism and toughness. Though he has never publicly decommitted from UNLV, it is looking more and more like he could end up at UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT