ADVERTISEMENT

Just Cause?

Well Victorio, with the Tony Hansen reference you have dated yourself and are much older than me :)

I will not out anyone for accepting "gifts" because I truly believe they did nothing wrong.
Anyone that believes their successful athletic program thrives without skirting these absurd rules is just naive.........

UCONN, comparative to the top dogs they were competing against for NC's, were less blatant than some of the other blue bloods.
I suppose you can be prideful of that, I certainly am.

We did it with less resources and built it from the ground up.

I agree with everyone that rightfully pointed out how selective the NCAA is in dishing out punishment.

For us, we were put on probation for not meeting a GPA guideline.
Schools like North Carolina, caught red handed for fixing grades to avoid this same thing, operate without consequence.

JC did bail when this happened, in part because he was so disgusted with the unfair treatment.

Many other examples have been stated of this repetitive pattern of selective punishment.

The NCAA must go down

Reactions: the Blades
Last edited:
I think describing it as a plantation is probably closer to offensive than it is reality. These players actually get something out of going to school for free, if not for the education than for the exposure. For every LeBron there are 100 Rips, for every Rip there are a 1000 Kevin Ollies, and for every KO there are 10000 players who are getting a free diploma, to say the collegiate system doesn't benefit these kids is absurd.

These are my buddy’s words, not mine, but he sees baseball players who are prospects getting paid to play minor league ball and in his mind colleges for many years functioned as a minor leagues for the NBA and the kids did not make money and just got free scholies and the real money was made by the schools/plantations and the NCAA. I made the same arguments as you and he laughed them off and to a certain extent if you look at the money that goes to schools, TV and the NCAA and what the kids get, it’s chump change in comparison. The free scholly translates to minimum wage and is one small notch above slavery/indentured servant labor.

Another thing is this: Ayton we saw earlier this year and he is a pro playing in college. How can anyone say that dude doesn’t deserve $100,000 of the money Arizona makes this year? It’s a damn underpayment. NCAA schools have been stealing money with cheap labor for a long time. And funny thing is they didn’t pay that 100K, some NBA agent did. Is Arizona getting a free ride on that deal or what? Let’s be real here.......

Because nerds don't pay the bills, he gets them a research department, they get him a spotlight. Fair trade.

I truly hope we are using cause to jettison Ollie. I got banned on TOS for saying this but, based on the state of the program, if KO tries to get his full buyout, he would not be an honorable man. He got paid enough at this point to compensate him for his first two years. He needs to go now.

Huskymaniac,

With all due respect that is not how contract law and analysis works. He can either be terminated for cause or not, otherwise UConn has to pay him a punitive buyout. The University had the opportunity to negotiate that contract at the time of its making and they may not renegotiate it now. Sucking goat balls at your job doesn’t constitute just cause. It has to be something more than that, like an NCAA violation, a criminal charge, etc. UConn is gonna have to pay to make him leave. $10 million. Honor has nothing to do with it. The contract says that’s what he is owed.

Huskymaniac,

With all due respect that is not how contract law and analysis works. He can either be terminated for cause or not, otherwise UConn has to pay him a punitive buyout. The University had the opportunity to negotiate that contract at the time of its making and they may not renegotiate it now. Sucking goat balls at your job doesn’t constitute just cause. It has to be something more than that, like an NCAA violation, a criminal charge, etc. UConn is gonna have to pay to make him leave. $10 million. Honor has nothing to do with it. The contract says that’s what he is owed.
I understand that but coaches negotiate these buyouts all the time. If UConn has something to use as cause for firing him, he would be wise to negotiate a reduced buyout as part of a "resignation". Also, it would be the right thing to if, as he claims, loves the university but has destroyed the program.

I truly hope we are using cause to jettison Ollie. I got banned on TOS for saying this but, based on the state of the program, if KO tries to get his full buyout, he would not be an honorable man. He got paid enough at this point to compensate him for his first two years. He needs to go now.

You got banned for saying that, who runs that place, Kevin's biggest fan?

This thing might be working against Uconn, what happens when you hire a new coach and later find out he's under investigation by the FBI?

It'll be very interesting to see how we handle this.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
That's a good point. Right now there are a lot of hot potato coaches out there and we do not even know who some of them are. And the FBI is not going to tell UConn what the status of their investigation is or who is under investigation when it's a massive ongoing investigation.

Huskymaniac,

Kevin swiped left on being a real basketball coach, under these circumstances he should negotiate out. Its not as though he's hoping for another year. He had a somewhat public meltdown in the p-lot at tulsa, yelling things he's got no business yelling to people he's got no business yelling those things to. He's gone, he wants gone, his players want him gone, he should collect whatever dignity he can muster and help the school move on from him.

To resign and walk away from $10 million would be hard for anyone to do. He may never coach again and jobs in the real world, outside basketball, that he could get or be qualified for will not pay him that much in the rest of his life. He has an ex-wife and children to support and it would not be the right thing to do for his family. Family always comes first.

To resign and walk away from $10 million would be hard for anyone to do. He may never coach again and jobs in the real world, outside basketball, that he could get or be qualified for will not pay him that much in the rest of his life. He has an ex-wife and children to support and it would not be the right thing to do for his family. Family always comes first.
He can definitely get an assistant coaching gig in the NBA and he would do well there. He can live the NBA life for the rest of his life. I have no sympathy. He has already made more than I will make in my lifetime and I have advanced degrees in engineering. His family is fine and will be fine. If he fights for the full buyout, given his failures and how much he has already made, he is dead to me and I am not alone.

You got banned for saying that, who runs that place, Kevin's biggest fan?

This thing might be working against Uconn, what happens when you hire a new coach and later find out he's under investigation by the FBI?

It'll be very interesting to see how we handle this.
I suspect it is either Tom Emery or some guy that goes by JS. They are a couple of hypersensitive teenage girls.

ADVERTISEMENT