ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Questionable for ECU

There's no reason to play Adams and risk further injury because we already lost our shot at an at large bid. Sit him and make sure he's good to go for the AAC tourney.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
There's no reason to play Adams and risk further injury because we already lost our shot at an at large bid. Sit him and make sure he's good to go for the AAC tourney.
I'm with ya, sit him the rest of the season and make sure he's healthy for March 10th.

But if UConn loses the last two games and doesn't win the AAC they will blow an NIT bid. I like the idea of more games for young players, and postseason experience. See Hamilton and Voskuhl and Freeman in 1996-97. That group got strong experience in the postseason NIT.

I would only play him if he is 100%. The AAC tournament is where we need him the most and we cannot afford to have him miss any time after the regular season is over.

Borges needs some twitter/web hits, season isn't over but he wants to start a new storyline:

If UConn has to play without Jalen I still say go win the game. Purv and Vital will have to go close to 40 each, maybe like 1 or 2 minutes Noyes shifts to give them a blow, and they will have to step up and suck it up, but if the bigs play well they can win the game. Just win baby!

Omg, no Vital either? Maybe I have some eligibility left?
Thankfully Jalen is playing so at least they have one guy who can dribble.......because Purvis still thinks he's the man ! .... taking these shots his putrid skill set has no chance of making , SMH !.......1-8 at half time throwing up the most amazing amount of out of control bullsh&t that I've ever seen from a D-1 guard... a "look at me" act for his hometown fans ........don't know how they're up 4...

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
Yeah, I know we are the walking wounded, but it's really really hard to lose to that team.

I think my buddies Wilton Warriors would have beat either team tonight.

The second half by UConn was like a dumpster fire that couldn't be put out. UConn shot 21% FGs 2nd half.....Too much zone defense, not enough healthy bodies, physical fatigue and mental fatigue......

I won a parochial middle school championship with that defense. :mad:

That one kid single handedly kept that team above water. Vital would have helped, but please deny him the ball after his second 3.

We should have showed up and won the game with our culture. And in a game where Rodney and Adams go like 7-30, Jackson can't play 36 minutes and only get 4 shots, making 3. That's on Jalen and Ollie. But in fairness, Jalen gutted it out.

Reactions: andersonfro
Shooting was atrocious, I was mildly apathetic (if that's a thing) when I read the injury report. Eyes literally (figuratively) glazed over and maybe I drooled a little.

Purvis needs to stop shooting. Dont shoot unless you catch a pass wide open. He's terrible off of the dribble and lately is content heaving up bombs when he's lucky to be on the court this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT