ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Adams

jhc08002

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2016
Latest update I've seen on Adams given the concussion he sustained on Friday

If this is another game with a lot of Rodney Purvis handling the ball and making decisions it could be a rough watch. Viewer Discretion is advised.

Reactions: jhc08002
Not great sign. Amida gets pushed in the back and no call and gets hit in the face on Offense no call. They drive and touch fouls are called... I don't get it?? Be consistent zebras!!

Adams is developing........there is 1 for you.

He was also hacked on the arm for the game winner that would have been a winning shot and shot to the right side of our confidence.

Not too shabby company.

The other three have rings, one has two. That should be His next goal.

They'll have a chance next year.

He is better all around than Kemba or Shabazz at same stage BUT: Kemba was a better scorer and wasn't afraid of contact driving to the hole and never Euro-stepped, and Shabazz was a better long range shooter and clutch shooter. That being said I am impressed with what Jalen has done playing absurd minutes, being asked to be the primary ballhandler and despite being dog tired at the ends of games as a result of all of it. He appears to be a fiery competitor and all he needs is a little more backcourt help which he will get next year.

Agreed -- I figure the biggest driver behind Adams being way above others certain stats is his usage and what this team asks of him is way above what was asked of the other guys sophomore year.

That being said, he has shown clear evidence that he improved his shot, very good distributor, and generally seems very poise & consistent. Plus how about those rebounding numbers? Ollie has talked about guard rebounding and here's a good exhibit showing the work put in there.

The guard rebounding has been good, including Purvis. I feel like if Gilbert hadn't gotten hurt he would be starting and Purvis would be handling the ball much less and maybe coming off the bench, and Jalen wouldn't be overworked like he has been. The backcourt of Gilbert and Jalen will be a two point guard attack and ball distribution will be much better and with Purvis gone we will not see these mindless backbreaking TOs. I just want to see some rim protection added.

Reactions: jhc08002
Agreed KSTW, I am concerned about rim protection next season. Brimah riding the pine for the entire game vs. GTown was a perfect example of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT