ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson, Durham & Enoch

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Well it was opening night for a few guys and strangely enough the things Uconn could use the most of are things Vance and Durham lead their teams in. Vance started for NM and led his team with 8 rebs, while hitting 2-4 on 3's. Durham came off the bench for Notre Dame and...count em' ....had 6 blocks in 14 minutes to go along with 6 points. Enoch and Louisville open up on Thursday ( BTW, Enoch started both & had 30 points( 2-2 on 3's/ 8-10 Ft's) in the 2 exhibition games for the Ville )

Vance Jackson stats
Juwan Durham stats
Steven Enoch stats

Last edited:
UConn could use all 3 guys but they didn’t like being “glorified mannequins” under Ollie. I wonder if they would have stayed if they knew Ollie would be fired and Hurley would be hired.

Reactions: the Blades
I hear ya, KSTW that's the sad truth to the KO story that will never know.

That's a very surprising result to me. It's again worth wondering if Nevada has been overvalued by the national media. Remember Cincy had them down by 22 in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament with 10 minutes to go and managed to blow that lead and the game, something Mick Cronin detractors will not soon forget. But you also have to ask why were they down by 22 with 10 minutes to go and shouldn't they have been beaten in that game?

When a #6 ranked nationally team loses by 27 to an unranked opponent hard questions need to be asked.

I liked Vance Jackson, and thought he was the best 3 point shooter Ollie recruited. He was not good on D but seemed to have a high basketball IQ, something we are not seeing much of with UConn's current group of players.

I just watched a sad affair as a longtime Husky fan. As one of the most corrupt AD's in the countries, hoops team, destroyed UNC in an ACC battle.
( A conference Uconn should've been in, accept for the fact that Manual & Herbst weren't smart enough to play as dirty as the Ville ) And to make matters worse Jay Bilas had to rub it in saying " Enoch is doing anything he wants down low - I've never seem him play any better" as Steven lead Ville with 17pts and 11 rebs in 27minutes.... ( Another guy that KO couldn't keep in the fold or had no use for)

Louisville stuns No. 12 North Carolina, hands Roy Williams worst home loss

Last edited:
Was also surprised by this result as Louisville was coming off a tough loss at Pitt. Enoch is certainly better than any of the big men on UConn’s current roster and I would trade any one of them to LU to get him back, and of course be rebuffed if such a trade could be made.

Was also surprised by this result as Louisville was coming off a tough loss at Pitt. Enoch is certainly better than any of the big men on UConn’s current roster and I would trade any one of them to LU to get him back, and of course be rebuffed if such a trade could be made.
I hear ya KSTW.....This line from the article makes me cringe as we continue to watch the small ball line-up that KO left Hurley " Connecticut transfer Steven Enoch had season highs of 17 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Cardinals, causing all kinds of matchup problems with his 6-foot-11 frame and strength to post up deep in the paint " ..

I saw Steve Enoch hit back to back 3 pointers tonight for Louisville which is up by 5 on Duke at the moment! Enoch has 10 points so far.

The whole Louisville team has looked fantastic tonight. Up 9 at half

Last edited:
I happened to watch the first half of the WVU - Kansas State game last night and Matthews Jr. had one of two major highlights for WVU. He and his 4 fellow freshmen are playing a ton now because WVU lost two players to injury and just kicked 2 starters off the team, so they have only 9 healthy scholarship bodies.

Matthews came down on a transition opportunity and although KSU got back, I saw a seam in their defense apparently the same time Matthews did. Just as I said to myself, “dude has a lane to the hole if he goes strong right now”, he exploded to the rim for a vicious 2 handed throw down. Sadly WVU only had a few flashes of great play and in the second half, KSU pulled away and won by 14.

Matthews looks very athletic to me and will be a good player for WVU.

Unfortunately due to the injuries and expulsions WVU is 2-11 in the Big 12 and 10-16 overall. They are being forced to play guys big minutes who aren’t ready for big minutes. Huggy Bear looked very pained to be watching what he was watching but he will figure it out, 800 plus wins says he usually does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT