ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley Coaching Impact Showing

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
The Hurley Coaching Impact 22 games in:

Christian Vital - 7 TOs in last 7 games including a few 0 TO games. Was unthinkable earlier this year
Josh Carlton- 20 points and 16 boards today in a league game. Was unthinkable earlier this year
Sidney Wilson- career high 12 points, 5-5 FGs, showing excellent movement without ball
Tyler Polley - 13 points today, excellent defense in recent games on tough players, 3 point shooting has been up and down but Hurley says its way better in practice so may be a matter of time
Jalen Adams - in 6 games prior to today was playing best ball of his career, laid egg today, Hurley says "it will not happen again", and I believe him. I have total confidence that if anyone can get anything close to Jalen's best, Danny Hurley can.

I was not a big fan of hiring Hurley initially, but from what I have seen so far this year, UConn totally made the right choice and he will turn this team into a winner and the team that the UConn fans deserve. He is developing the players and coaching the players, he is a straight shooter, tells it like it is and IMHO does all the right things, including his crucial and appropriate decision to bench Jalen Adams today.

Thank you Coach Hurley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT