ADVERTISEMENT

How about My Huskies!!!

That's what's up!!!!

How happy can you be for Vital? Huge board & ice at the line. Amida was an animal & Kentan wanted this one. Even saw KO hyped see him pulling on Glen's jacket during the time out?

Hyped as f!

Reactions: Ozzie3178
The last 8 minutes was some of the best defense I have seen the last 3 years by any UConn team and it tended to wash with the awful offense missing way too many open shots! Really great move going man to man the last 8 minutes. This could be a recipe, play zone and man to man to conserve fouls! Syracuse could not get an open look or clean shot the last 8 minutes except one jumper by Coleman was basically left open to shoot because he was out of his range and got lucky.

It was an ugly, "just win baby" type game of which UConn has won MANY in the past. Keep playing like that and with even modest offensive improvement this team will win games.

Reactions: dbaum_
That's what's up!!!!

How happy can you be for Vital? Huge board & ice at the line. Amida was an animal & Kentan wanted this one. Even saw KO hyped see him pulling on Glen's jacket during the time out?

Hyped as f!

Yessir!!

I texted KO and Coach Miller earlier this morning saying play with pride and respect for this rivalry. UCONN nation is behind y'all.... they responded with of course bro thanks and thanks we will!

Annnnndddd... We did that all night! That is the passion and toughness we always should be playing with on both ends!!

Kentan and Amida stepped up like they had too
So happy for Facey!! Purv played solid!

D was really turnt up... great showing. Had to win this game for more than just a W!!

Reactions: dbaum_
YEAH!!!!!!

What a win for this team. It was not pretty by any means and we looked completely out of it; this team did not give up in the second half. This is the fight we haven't shown all year and do it at Madison Square Garden makes it so special. We still had moments where you just scratch your head but I am so happy right now!!! U-C-O-N-N UCONN UCONN UCONN!!!!!!!

That was uglier than Rosie odonnell naked in a septic tank, but winning is contagious and we have to build on this momentum. 1 win becomes, 2, then 4, then 6. Just Find a way.

Defense and rebounding have to be the constant, because it's going to be a struggle to 65 every night.

UConn outrebounded Syracuse by 1 (Orange have not been a good rebounding team), Facey had 13 boards and Syracuse was held to 22.2 % FGs which is an astronomically low total for them as they normally get easy baskets on runouts and didn't this game. UConn's ball movement on offense was not bad they just could not knock down any open shots and we have seen that a bit too much, but it did not effect them on the defensive end. And sometimes you have to play through stretches of bad offense and they did that tonight. Still perplexed by why UConn is not getting more from Enoch but as he and Durham play, as they will be forced to, both will get better I think. Also VJ was missing in action tonight and had several good looks.

Was at the game! UConn Nation brought the energy and passion which the players fed off of!

Terrible offensive show but awesome game, atmosphere, and most importantly result!

Go UConn!!!

Definitely... of course Ohio taint will need the same will and determination to pull out a W!

I thought they would have folded after that awful foul call on Facey mid-way through the second half (it was a clean block that turned into a four point possession by 'Cuse after they rebounded a free throw and hit a three). However, to their credit, UConn clawed back into the game. That was the most open looks that I've seen UConn get against a zone (both inside and outside) in a long, long time - they just didn't knock them down. Despite trying to give the game away at the end with horrible free-throw shooting and a bad foul, they managed to stay tough. An ugly win is better than an ugly loss, and since I don't see too many blowout wins in this team's future, we might as well enjoy it.

I was at the game tremendous atmosphere with UCONN fans outnumbering the Orange and urging the team on. Good to see Brimah stopping them on one side of the court and Purvis carring them on the other after the abuse many have thrown their way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT