ADVERTISEMENT

Hamidou Diallo down to six schools

So all this is UConn telling Diallo, hey dude we need you NOW, not next year??? This could be perfect- for UConn, and for Diallo. UConn needs another guard for the rest of the season and Diallo needs a 1 semester showcase for the NBA Draft.

A freaking match made in heaven!!!!!

Last edited:
At what point does he have to decide?
I'm not sure. But I'm sure KO and staff would like it to be ASAP lol

For reference, Austin Wiley of Auburn just did the same thing. He was a 2017 commit but enrolled at Auburn early and was cleared by the NCAA. All of this was announced on 12/16 and he played 2 days later in Auburn's game against Mercer.

If Diallo decides to do the same, I expect it to move pretty fast.

So all this is UConn telling Diallo, hey dude we need you NOW, not next year??? This could be perfect- for UConn, and for Diallo. UConn needs another guard for the rest of the season and Diallo needs a 1 semester showcase for the NBA Draft.

A freaking match made in heaven!!!!!
Definitely - it's a win-win for both sides.

We were 3 deep to see him with killings also and to see bamba and cam reddish

There obviously is buzz of Hami potentially joining in spring but to me I would rather him come in 2017 and play full year. Don't want a potential 3 month or whatever, spot this year with all these injuries and then he obviously can declare for draft in June!

There obviously is buzz of Hami potentially joining in spring but to me I would rather him come in 2017 and play full year. Don't want a potential 3 month or whatever, spot this year with all these injuries and then he obviously can declare for draft in June!
I want that full year in 2017, too. But silver lining is having a potential lottery pick on the team this year. And who knows, maybe they can make some noise in March this year. Also, if UConn is much better with Diallo, I wonder how the NCAA selection committee would view UConn pre and post Diallo addition.

Reactions: Ozzie3178

Ozzie come on man they are not going to just give up on this season. If UConn gets Diallo they suddenly look imposing again, he is an impact player and provides MUCH needed guard depth. Did you not see the team wear down against OSU? That did not have to be a loss. Think about the kids - they want to win and the coaches want to win NOW. Give them that chance. They are not giving up and I salute KO and staff for not giving up. This is win-win for UConn and Diallo. Maybe he goes pro maybe not we need another guard NOW and he is best available by a mile. Plus I think maybe Purv needs to come off the bench. Purv and Vitale off the bench and suddenly the team looks imposing.

Last edited:
KSTW lol nobody giving up on the season. I just selfishly want my man Hami to enjoy a full year with a fully strengthen squad but IF he decides that doesn't matter plus the main thing is that his grades are in order to get into UCONN as of this spring then by all means do it! Obviously we need the help and depth!!

Reactions: permit22
You got to love Bamba and his comments on Diallo visiting KY.... said " No One Cares" :D

Man would I love Bamba as well!!! :)

Reactions: UconNell
KO has wanted and still wants Bamba badly as he put it! Not sure the latest on him but obviously we still want him just not sure who he clearly wants. Relatively quiet recruitment past month or two.

Reactions: UConnFamily
Instead of visiting Kentucky today UConn needs Diallo in uniform today.............UConn forced to start Purvis and Vital with no other healthy guards to play unless they decide to give Mike Noyes some run. We could see Noyes for 10-15 minutes today while Diallo is in Kentucky, probably listening to Calipari and his staff crapping on UConn .........

Calipari was in Connecticut today. Rumor is Kentucky has the upper hand

That's what this says in a little more detail. It only makes sense if he has no real intention of going pro:

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/12/2...date-foregone-conclusion-college-soon-uk-lead

UK is all set in their backcourt so he is a bench player there at best. But they are a team that could win it all and from what I have seen this year they have a boatload of talent and it has played well. UConn, on the other hand, has been a horror show the last few games, so not sure he would want to join a team that will view him as a savior as opposed to just another good guy. Calipari can be expected to tell Diallo all of that as well.

The recent move has now been Diallo to Kentucky. Does anyone know what are chances still are? I feel like this season can not be helping our chances.

In Ozzie we trust.... from the Wizard:

Posted Dec 21st: Things that make you go hmmm ?

"Hahah Blades that is coming from horses mouth. Of course I believe he will strongly end up being a husky been saying that for two years now, but I just read that some are saying Enroll tomorrow and be ready to go against auburn is ridiculous! Let it play out and hopefully we get to see him more than a semester :D "

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
In Ozzie we trust.... from the Wizard:

Posted Dec 21st: Things that make you go hmmm ?

"Hahah Blades that is coming from horses mouth. Of course I believe he will strongly end up being a husky been saying that for two years now, but I just read that some are saying Enroll tomorrow and be ready to go against auburn is ridiculous! Let it play out and hopefully we get to see him more than a semester :D "
That was before the Kentucky visit I'm pretty sure

That was before the Kentucky visit I'm pretty sure
Correct as I posted above, but Ozzie has continued to say were good, and I'm sure Ham-D was going to take a UK visit eventually:

Last edited:
Calipari's pitch to Diallo:

"I have a recruit on the campus last week and what I talked to him about: it's not ego, it's not shots, not minutes, it's aspirations. I have other players come in the room and tell the young man how hard this is to be here. That this isn't for everybody. That you're going to be with other really good players who are going to challenge you everyday. If you're in this only to get shots, and be a part and to chase and go play a 2-3 zone and ... you're not coming here."

Calipari's pitch to Diallo:

"I have a recruit on the campus last week and what I talked to him about: it's not ego, it's not shots, not minutes, it's aspirations. I have other players come in the room and tell the young man how hard this is to be here. That this isn't for everybody. That you're going to be with other really good players who are going to challenge you everyday. If you're in this only to get shots, and be a part and to chase and go play a 2-3 zone and ... you're not coming here."

Did he also mention that he can't beat UConn in the Final Four?

Reactions: tcf_15
Yup, definitely UK.

KO gets embarrassed again. It's our theme this year.

And with our frontcourt losing Brimah and Facey, I'm not expecting much next year either. Terrible time for the program

I'm feeling fine about next year assuming Jalen sticks around and everyone heals up the way they're supposed to. If Diallo to Uk is true I'll look forward to a potential matchup with them next year

Knowing Hami a bit as I do.... I don't see him turning his back to family and loyalty and just choosing himself over all that..... remains to be seen tho!

As usual have your popcorn ready!!

Knowing Hami a bit as I do.... I don't see him turning his back to family and loyalty and just choosing himself over all that..... remains to be seen tho!

As usual have your popcorn ready!!

Maaaannnn...so guys are saying uk done deal but come to find out nothing has happened...and the internet makes a fool of me again.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT