ADVERTISEMENT

Hamidou Diallo down to six schools

Amore reported it too. I think it's a good sign that the UConn beat writers were the first to have this story.

Any chance she commits today.? It looks like his high school is doing a midnight madness and there was some interesting tweets

Not a fan of branding but it's the world we live in.

Seriously though, how does a competitor with aspirations to play professionally consider a situation where he's going to sit in a zone?

I don't get it.

I am not big into the 247 crystal ball predictions but there is real movement toward uk for hami

Have you guys watched how Malique Monk has been playing for UK?????????? If Monk continues playing as he has been he is one and done and Diallo will step in and they will not miss a beat. When I saw UK against MSU I could not believe how good they were, with once again a very young team. Monk really stood out and I am sure Diallo saw that game as well. UK played hard, played great D and looked awesome.

UConn is at a crossroads where if they don't get a recruit or two of this calibre, the program will slowly recede back from national prominence.

Have you guys watched how Malique Monk has been playing for UK?????????? If Monk continues playing as he has been he is one and done and Diallo will step in and they will not miss a beat. When I saw UK against MSU I could not believe how good they were, with once again a very young team. Monk really stood out and I am sure Diallo saw that game as well. UK played hard, played great D and looked awesome.

UConn is at a crossroads where if they don't get a recruit or two of this calibre, the program will slowly recede back from national prominence.

People said the same thing before 2014...and guess what happened. We won a national championship just 2 years ago. We have a top 10 freshman class. We are not anywhere close from receding.

Does Ozzie have any further insight? He seemed to be pretty tied in and has been steadfast in the past that Hami was still Husky bound.

Does Ozzie have any further insight? He seemed to be pretty tied in and has been steadfast in the past that Hami was still Husky bound.

He was during last year and the summer. not sure if that is the same

Haven't heard anything change. KY has a committ and two guard wing position next year already to replace Monk.

Only issue I personally think is if he will be talked into going pro route whether that is overseas for a year a la Mudiay

Reactions: Afghusky15
Haven't heard anything change. KY has a committ and two guard wing position next year already to replace Monk.

Only issue I personally think is if he will be talked into going pro route whether that is overseas for a year a la Mudiay

Thanks. do you think VJ will leave. his father had some odd twitter stuff

Based on his draft projection?

He goes to school 1 year he's a possible lottery pick, he foregoes school he's mid to late 1st round...I don't know the contract difference.

History teaches that one and dones only work if you recruit 3 plus in one class and can replace them in the next class, like Duke and Kentucky have done. For other teams recruiting one guy who is one and done name one team who was appreciably helped by such a player and then had to replace him. The only other situation where it works is when you are one player away from serious title contention. If you can't pull in 3 plus one and done guys in a class or are not one player away from serious title contention, it should not be done. So my feeling is let the recruitment of the kid go. Move on. Look for players who are committed to growing and developing in the program.

History teaches that one and dones only work if you recruit 3 plus in one class and can replace them in the next class, like Duke and Kentucky have done. For other teams recruiting one guy who is one and done name one team who was appreciably helped by such a player and then had to replace him. The only other situation where it works is when you are one player away from serious title contention. If you can't pull in 3 plus one and done guys in a class or are not one player away from serious title contention, it should not be done. So my feeling is let the recruitment of the kid go. Move on. Look for players who are committed to growing and developing in the program.

Carmelo

The one and done is a new thing. In the past those players just went straight to the league so teams were built around upperclassmen

Greg Odom was a one and done at OSU, and they made it to the finals - and seeing him at the game, he does look younger now than when he was in college.

Those are really bad examples because Anthony and Odom were #1 overall selection types of guys. Anthony would have been overall #1 if he did not leave the same year LeBron James was eligibe and Odom was overall #1 and deservedly, he would have been a great NBA player but for injuries. Diallo is not going anywhere near number 1, although he may be top 10 or 15.

Name a one and done who was not an overall #1 type pick who actually propelled a team to a championship.

Also Anthony and Odom had other future NBA players on their team. Anthony had Hakim Warrick and Odom had Mike Conley Jr. who has been a starting NBA point guard the last 10 years

Excuse my ignorance but why is it for certain he's a one and done? Is he tearing it up this year at PSA?

I think that perception exists because of his answers to questions that he has been asked by the press, more than his recent play. He has been directly asked about his future a few times and has hinted he has not ruled out a straight to the NBA approach.

He has incentive to go to college only if he's confident he'll play himself into the top 3 or 5 picks next year.

I've just never had a good feeling about Diallo coming here. Would be sad because KO put almost all of his eggs in that basket

If ever they could afford to waste bait on a big fish for the backcourt this was it. No harm in not landing him.

Crystal ball is obvious flawed, but there are people who make picks that do carry weight. Two of those people, Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater, just switched their crystal ball picks for Hamidou Diallo from Kentucky to UConn.

Reactions: andersonfro
I don't pay much attention to the crystal ball because I'm ignorant to who those people are...i read that KO & Miller were both up to see him, usually it's Miller on his own, could something that simple affect the picks?

Wonder what the plug n play situation would be, obviously he's a huge talent & if he comes he's playing...that circle offense the Dogs are running hopefully is easy to pick up, not sure how long they've been working on it before they put it into games

Do you guys mean we could see him in January????????? I did not think him eligible until next season but another guard is needed and he could send Purvis to the bench where Purvis might actually be better, or play 3 guards with one of Purv or Diallo on the wing

Do you guys mean we could see him in January????????? I did not think him eligible until next season but another guard is needed and he could send Purvis to the bench where Purvis might actually be better, or play 3 guards with one of Purv or Diallo on the wing
That's the word at the moment. A lot of scouts and whatnot were at his game and Jerry Meyer (Director of Scouting at 247) says the buzz is that Diallo could join UConn in the 2nd semester. UConn's spring semester starts on January 17.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT