ADVERTISEMENT

Great read, level headed and right on the money

Except for the 1000th time UConn would have made the tourney even if Jalen didn't make the miracle shot. If a garbage Tulsa team that was clearly worse than UConn got in, UConn was more safe than originally thought as that game was taking place.

Otherwise, yes the article was accurate.

Reactions: Afghusky15
The article portrays this as a make or break season for UConn men's basketball, which it probably is, under Ollie anyway. One interesting point made by that article is that the AAC could be exceptionally strong this year. The article doesn't even mention UCF, and I think UCF is the team that could be a real surprise as well.

Pretty balanced article coming from a Louisville writer...I think he's right about Jalen. We need to see a team that will follow him completely in a leadership role as the X-factor (not just for that miracle shot, that he mentioned in the story) to take Uconn and KO to the promised land. Jalen's shown the BB IQ right now that I trust, even if he does have a little combative edge to him...( so did Bazz as a Soph)...We'll have to wait & see how Rique and Larrier evolve, regarding their health and if they have "trust worthy" games to be Uconn's big 3 .... So it'll probably be Jalen or bust for KO.

Also agree about Johnny Dawkins and UCF being a player in the AAC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT