ADVERTISEMENT

Grambling -SAT 4:00 pm - Martin and now Sanogo out

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Next up Grambling - Sat @ Gampel -4:00pm - TV- FS2
Uconn will be down 2 starters for awhile. Grambling has some decent size across the rotation. Time for Akok and maybe even Richie Springs to step up.

by the Numbers - (click image)
9-Grambling-St-hoops-2021-22.jpg

Uconn by the Numbers , minus 2 (click image) :

BE-2-Uconn-hoops-2021-22-8-game-s.jpg

Last edited:
This could be a blessing in disguise. Hurley has to play the bench, and they have to step up. There is no other option. I think Whaley will slide over to the 5 and Akok will start at the 4. Akok will play a lot, Springs will have to back up Akok and Whaley, and Johnson will have to be played. As far as Martin, Hawkins will soak up his minutes, and he will have to rebound and defend like Tyrese (which is asking a lot) but will provide better shooting and passing. There are enough bodies, guys just have to step up. Has to start tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apart from taking care of business, I thought UConn looked more unselfish today than any other game so far this year. Maybe this is the one positive that comes out of the Sanogo and Martin injuries: you clear two very low assist players off the floor and suddenly the ball movement looks better as it is not sticking. However, the team did not shoot that well (40%) despite many good looks all game. They will need to shoot better the next 2 games.

Samson Johnson has a really high ceiling if he works and is coachable. He made a 3 and a nice dunk, but I was most impressed by his catch and lightning quick move and ability to get to the line off the bounce.

He looked Durant-esque on that play.

Akok had some bounce and looked more like the guy we think he can be.

Hawkins is coming.

I still think Gafney is a bully player. Great against lesser comp, but terribly average when the playing field is level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT