ADVERTISEMENT

Enoch transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnFamily

Gold Member
May 14, 2015

Really wish he stayed 2 more years. Hopefully he realizes his potential and becomes a beast

Yeah who is going to start at the 5? It's too bad but the guy didn't really seem to make much progress despite showing a boatload of potential.

There were games when he could have played more, but he was a really bad defensive player, let's be realistic about that. If he had returned he wasn't going to be the rim protector UConn needs. And I still have no idea who will be on the roster coming back.

This doesn't make sense. He would have had the opportunity to get starter minutes next year

Don't know the reason yet on why he decided to leave but yea playing time a factor. No one guaranteed to start but he had the best chance too.

Oh well.... good luck to him......

Now can use another PF/C hopefully more athletic one :)

UConn has always recruited defensive oriented bigs and Enoch was not defense oriented at all so not sure why he was recruited except as a threat on the pick and roll but he was one of the worst pick and roll defenders I have ever seen.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Is he now realizing we have been a guard/wing oriented team....?? Hell we been a heavy guard/wing oriented program the last 30 years!

Enoch leaving explains why UConn offered Cobb so quickly.......now go and get DIckerson as the 5 starter and it could be a case of addition by subtraction.

Give it time guys...KO had a bad year right from the start...let's see how he deals with....and this basketball stuff is just filler until football starts anyway...;)

Again stop the nonsense Alternative facts.... Cobb had nothing to do with Enoch wanting to leave.... he wants to "grow" and didn't want to stay... we needed another rebounding big regardless. Now that Enoch is leaving we need to get one to replace him. Hopefully an athletic one.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
He's a talented kid and if he makes the right decision and commits himself, he could make an nba roster some day.

But news flash to my fellow Steve from Norwalk, the game in general is wing/guard centric. Has been for awhile. Not just here. Unless he was just trying to be polite.

Steve running away from a great opportunity in front him is a great thing for UConn.

Shows how soft he really is!! Don't need ya #Dueces

Steve running away from a great opportunity in front him is a great thing for UConn.

Shows how soft he really is!! Don't need ya #Dueces
Or maybe he developed a relationship with the guy who worked him out at midnight while your homeboy was out prowling on snatch. Never know, eh?

Ok Glen Miller Travis Illian Anderson.... whatever your BS ass clown of a world thinks.....

Back to more important issues......

So which one will it be drinking bleach or play in that lovely I-84 traffic..... enquiring minds want to know!! :D

Ok Glen Miller Travis Illian Anderson.... whatever your BS ass clown of a world thinks.....

Back to more important issues......

So which one will it be drinking bleach or play in that lovely I-84 traffic..... enquiring minds want to know!! :D
Does Kevin make that stupid face when you two are on the couch or is that reserved for when he's trying to understand why he can't score? I want to punt it.

Fires the s&c + an assistant because he can't get his offense to work. People believe in this guy today?

Awwwwwwww so sorry. Maybe trump can help you out. Here he as an amazing jobs plan and healthcare plan...... oops!!

Wow - I'm gone from the board for a day, and when I check in I find out that two coaches have been fired, one player is transferring (with rumors swirling around others), Oz is talking about someone drinking bleach, and andersonfro has done a complete 180 turnaround on KO. Not to be preachy, but with the current instability surrounding the program, it would be nice to see a little sanity and civility on the board at least.
No way to sugar-coat Enoch leaving. I had high hopes for him, and thought he could develop into an offensive threat that UConn hasn't seen from a big man in some time. Hopefully the foundation isn't crumbling, but now UConn lost half of what was another small recruiting class. They are going to be behind the eight ball for some time if they can't recruit and keep a full class sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Shaggydog84
AndersonFro seemed shocked by the sacking of low level coaches to bear the brunt of the scapegoating of UConn's Failure this year. Just doesn't seem to create any new approach.......

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Idiots care more about an adult or two than the school or program..... that's the problem!

Only like to bitch and complain and do NOTHING to help out in anyway!

Idiots care more about an adult or two than the school or program..... that's the problem!

Only like to bitch and complain and do NOTHING to help out in anyway!

Sorry for a hole posters oz. When there is blood in the water the a hole sharks come out..... so we need a center... who is on the radar

Not too cool.....
Seriously... keep the unrelated political comments off the board Oz...I think TOS even bans guys who start this stuff ( but we all know your inside info is to valuable...so you get a pass this time....;).. )

Sorry for a hole posters oz. When there is blood in the water the a hole sharks come out..... so we need a center... who is on the radar

You're apologizing to Oz for "a hole posters"? Do you realize that even when this guy is calling me names and questioning my intelligence I haven't done the same, and I'm the a hole?

You're kissing up to this guy because he feeds you information which comes from a guy who is bound to be fired because he's incapable of scoring the ball & he just got rid of the coach who can score the ball.

Oz said GM got lazy. That is a lie. GM worked harder than the guy who fired him. That is a fact. When I said he lived on campus that was not a figure of speech. He actually lived on campus. KO lives in a bar. That is a figure of speech but if you think it's not appropriate then you don't go out otherwise you'd see him drinking Hennessy through a straw.

I don't care about GM, best of luck to him, I'm sure now that KO pinned his failures on him he'll get a job parking cars somewhere, don't care.

What I do care about is we apparently have a rudderless idiot who doesn't play well with others in charge of Connecticut hoops and the rumor now is he's going to bring in a recruiting guru when in fact he needs an offense guru.

I'm going hard at KO because he's proven himself garbage with mounting evidence and I understand he and Oz are thunderbuddies for life so no offense taken when Oz calls me stupid or tells me to kill myself.

But what kind of doctor are to to say I'm the asshole in this exchange?

Not a very good one

More importantly what about JA? I seen where Jeff Goodman report him transferring and Don wells replied saying this is what happens when you don't adapt your coaching style to a talented big and JA liked it. Is this writing on the wall? If he leaves I think we will be in big trouble.

More importantly what about JA? I seen where Jeff Goodman report him transferring and Don wells replied saying this is what happens when you don't adapt your coaching style to a talented big and JA liked it. Is this writing on the wall? If he leaves I think we will be in big trouble.
Your now speculating Jalen Adams is gone ? Your talking about Enoch correct ? Well at least we got a 3 star Juco that likes to smoke weed and shoot at cars to replace
a 4 star CT kid who was a good student, real young for his class and had a ton of untapped potential that this coaching staff couldn't bring out.... But if things keep going
like some have speculated we may be lucky to have 6 or 7 players next year.... even without injuries....SMH !

Last edited:
Yes I was talking about Enoch when referring to Goodman reporting him transferring JA just liked the tweet when Wells made the comment I mentioned above.

Reactions: the Blades
Oz is a good guy and I appreciate what he does for the program and shares here.

But in fairness, the last guy in power with a mustache that was above questioning/checks and balances was in Nazi Germany.

Reactions: the Blades
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT