ADVERTISEMENT

Diaco Concentrating more On Atmosphere Than No. 1 QB

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Courant report- Diaco Concentrating More On Atmosphere Than No. 1 QB
AAC Teleconference update from Diaco. The more you read about the past regime the more
you can see that the 2 old timers Paqsualoni and DeLeone just came back to CT to collect
on a retirement job. Not to micro manage a bunch of college kids who needed leadership. I'm
glad they found work again with a bunch of NFL pros that have to do everything right or they're
cut and out of a paycheck, but man did these 2 screw up this program going through the
motions and create a negative atmosphere here at Uconn.

Kudo's to Warde Manual for firing those 2 when he did after 4 games and not let them poison
the program anymore. And screw you Jeff Hathaway, hope you're enjoying your time at Hofstra,
but I guess that's what you get when you let an AD who's claim to fame was as a basketball manager
for Lefty Driesell, hire your football coach.

"I thought that was some of the top ground we made," Diaco said. "It starts from the top and down to the
staffers that lead units, and staffers that lead positions ... that kind of family atmosphere gets created.
Through care and honesty and consistency and communication, I thought we made some great ground
as a program."

"When they're on their own, how to eat, how to sleep, what the different trappings of lack of sleep and poor food
and inactivity can do," Diaco said. "We've worked to educate them, something at least, in the short term that
hasn't been done in the past. ... I'm hoping the team has enough information and knowledge and investment
made that they're going to be a willing participant here in these next three weeks when they're away, so on
June 2 when they get started we're not playing catch-up. In the past, teams come back and they have to get
caught back up again. ...If we can spend that first week moving forward that would be an improvement - that alone."

This post was edited on 5/14 7:40 AM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT