ADVERTISEMENT

Dejon Jarreau & Brian Gresham

I saw that one too...they would have to sit out a year as transfers...per NCAA rules.... correct ?

It would be fine if they were #'s 12-13 as practice players this year. But if KO doesn't find scholly players #10 & #11 for this year that would be strait up malpractice on his
part after what he just went through last year.... oh and a couple of bigs with a pulse (at least 1 at Shonn Miller's level) would be nice for 2017 while he's at it...

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell

This would be a nice addition but it just seems that Creightin is the clear cut leader and the rest of the schools more or less have just reached out to gauge their interest.

I kind of get the sense that they're waiting on UConn to figure out our guard/scholarship situation before committing to Creighton. Creighton has been leading for a while now and they still haven't committed even though they've stated that they're eager to get it over with. They're waiting on something, and we have lots of moving parts at the moment.

Maybe they are waiting to see if Creighton gets a commitment from someone else they are recruiting who is better at one or the other of their positions. Or maybe it has something to do with the "package deal" being accepted or not by the recruiting schools. The only package deal that I recall UConn accepting was Oriakhi-Coombs, although some also believed Voskuhl was part of a package deal with his high school teammate Michael LeBlanc who was thought to be better than Voskuhl as a recruit but ended up transferring and not really becoming anything. Also part of that recruiting class was Sam Funches who was also a huge disappointment.

Those recruitments should serve as a reminder that with these package deals you only usually get one good player for the price of 2 which isn't a good thing in basketball unless the one guy is really really good. Otherwise it's not unlike your standard buy one get one free sale where you get slightly stale meat that is a few days past expiration date as opposed to really fresh and prime cuts.

I kind of get the sense that they're waiting on UConn to figure out our guard/scholarship situation before committing to Creighton. Creighton has been leading for a while now and they still haven't committed even though they've stated that they're eager to get it over with. They're waiting on something, and we have lots of moving parts at the moment.
True seems like everyone's waiting on everyone...not that any of them are Uconn leans but the 2 below can play in 2017..... those other 2 can't:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT