ADVERTISEMENT

DC's Uconn recap.....

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
from USF.....

[/B]" The sun did in fact come up today Uconn football fans. From Atlanta enjoy your day!"

Bx-T_ApIcAAF0o-.jpg:large

.....I guess if you don't have anything nice to say...give them a picture LOL ! .............honestly after watching that game
and Diaco's refusal to throw( Monsoon/weak OL or not...ever heard of a quick slant from the shotgun formation or a QB
roll out ?) until the last 4 minutes of the game, looks like we've got another guy like PP & GDL who'd rather "stay in front
of the chains" while he takes a close loss ...as he plays, run, run, pass ( now change that to run a 3rd time).... then..
punt it away football......TJ Weist where are you ?......

I know , I know it's all about the process....UGH......all while your last group of true fans ......pack in their support of
Uconn FB.... as they sail off into the sunset.....and how pretty a picture will that be ?

"Fear of negative plays resulted in almost no Uconn passing game"
( until they did pass and then they scored):

tout.com/m/8m5txm?ref=twnaod4h …

This post was edited on 9/20 8:27 AM by the Blades

Courant - Coach Bob Diaco Under No Illusions About This UConn Team

REALLY.....
.Because I heard a different message in the off season about excitement and buying tickets?
Don't go out selling something if you can't or "don't even plan" on trying to deliver results on the field for the fans.
If you want to just use the season to play everyone and develop your youth & depth fine. If you want to use this
season as stripping the whole thing down and starting over fine. Get back to us when your ready to "attempt" to
play some exciting football. Anything else is a wasted sell with an over promise and under deliver.

I saw 3 strait wins at the end of last year by a coach attacking his problems with aggression on offense and
players wanting to win like his job and Uconn's football life was on the line. I also saw a spread out of the gun
that gave opponents D alot more to worry about, while the Uconn QB had more time to see where the pressure
was coming from even if the blocking sucked.

So earth to HCBD, you took the job, the fan base is dying because of conference re-alignment and the
PP & GDL years of "staying in front of the chains" football. So playing scared (against a marginal USF,
not Pat White's WVU ) is not gonna cut it. Uconn got dealt the worse hand ever in CR, every fan knows
this, so how much time do you think you have left with us and it's FB future......and ain't this the end of
the 3 year season ticket cycle ? If things don't change soon.. It could get real ugly.

1593401.jpg

This post was edited on 9/22 12:19 PM by the Blades

I guess CBS was watching too and the offense struggles are getting the kind of publicity you don't want:

These Ten Things: last weeks college football

2. UConn should start punting on its first offensive play of the day.
"UConn and South Florida played a game in Tampa on Friday night in the midst of a storm. And that means there
weren't a lot of people on hand to witness the Huskies fumble the ball on their first drive of the game. Now, that's
not a very big deal. Teams fumble the football all the time, especially in wet conditions, but UConn is becoming
very good at it. It was the fourth-straight game in which the Huskies fumbled the ball away on their opening drive.
If they ever win a coin toss they should choose to punt."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT