ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Hamilton Scouting Report from Draft Express

Just saw the latest from NBA draft.net who was his biggest fan...they had him an end of the 1st pick for a minute and then as an early 2nd ( 32nd pick) just a few weeks ago ...don't look now but even they have dropped him like a bad stock ,almost out of the draft completely.... down to #55 in the newest update:

2016 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Last edited:
They actually had Hamilton as a top 6 overall lottery pick at one time. I guess his weak combine dropped him big time. It seems it's 50-50 he will even get drafted.

They actually had Hamilton as a top 6 overall lottery pick at one time. I guess his weak combine dropped him big time. It seems it's 50-50 he will even get drafted.
True that was pre-season in 2015, then he dropped into the 40's during the season... but they even had him at the end of 1st..maybe about a month ago.. then as you posted in an other thread to the Lakers early 2nd a few weeks ago...I guess there is no positive feedback NBAdraft.net is hearing anywhere now, so like you said it's probably 50-50 he hears his name.

Deandre Daniels 2.0? We all feared it when he announced. Although, I think Hamilton has an interesting skill set if he commits to defense. He'll never be a superior athlete, but he is a natural rebounder with court vision and you could see him on the Spurs or Warriors bench and turning out to be a steal in 3 years as he improves as a shooter. I never thought Daniels had much upside in the NBA. To weak for an average athlete, soft and a one trick pony offensively.

Good lord......if he falls to the second round and my Mavs have a shot at him they would IDIOTS not to take him. They need development talent and he WILL be an NBA player. He just is too talented.

Reactions: SmoFoSho
Draft Express's updated mock doesn't have Hamilton on the board:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Yeah Draft Express has never ranked him as being drafted in either round from the NBA feedback they get. But now the consensus across the board seems to be getting stronger as a Stanley Robinson range end of the 2nd round guy or not at all. And he is widely conceded as the poster boy this year for bad early entry decisions in this article:

Underclassmen Who May Need To Return After Middling Combine Showings:
"The only player on this list that has actually hired an agent, Daniel Hamilton struggled to do anything positive for most of the NBA Combine, which almost certainly seals his fate to go undrafted considering where he started off. Hamilton was a triple-double threat at the college level whose poor frame and athleticism was always likely going to be a hindrance to creating efficient offense at the pro level. Those fears were realized in a serious way in Chicago, as he struggled to get past anyone, forced up bad looks from all over the floor, and didn't make up for that with his perimeter shooting or defensive prowess. Hamilton will have some options in mid-level Europe starting this summer already, as there aren't many players his size with that type of versatility, but that might not have been the original plan when he decided to leave school for good very early on in the process."

Maybe he'd be better off not getting picked, then he can pick the team he looks like the best fit for....But despite everything we discussed last year(old thread :Hamilton NBA Draft Status ) about his foolish lottery pick mock ranking by NBAdraft.net at one point.... and his poor athleticism and shooting that the pros worry about ....the newer Draft Express article
( Aman linked above) does leave this glimmer of hope:

" It's very possible a team could fall in love with him based on this potential production and give him a shot to make a roster, either through the draft or training camp. Even if he doesn't make it on his first go-around, Hamilton is someone teams will continue to monitor at the pro level to see how his shooting, decision making and defense is evolving." ...... Which has D-Ham " you should of returned to school" written all over it.

Last edited:
24 picks so far and Hamilton's name has not been called. A ton of Eurodudes are getting picked!!!!!! Lots of Eurobigs out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT