ADVERTISEMENT

Could this be the next Uconn head coach ?

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
With the AD Warde Manuel and TJ's Michigan ties was this match already a forgone conclusion ? Could TJ become the
interim or HC ? Wonder if PP kicked and screamed about demoting his old goomba DeLeone so TJ could take over the
offense? I have a feeling it wasn't a voluntary move by PP, but more like a last grasp job saver that failed anyway because
he refused to get rid of George. Remember the UConn OC George DeLeone Heading To The NFL's Giants story until
it was rebuffed and then Pasqualoni gave him a promotion and a raise ? If nothing else it's an interesting back drop
and good story this week:

TJ Weist has University of Michigan ties, but won't be wearing them as UConn's offensive coordinator
This post was edited on 9/19 5:42 PM by the Blades

@ Desmond Conner-Hartford Courant[/B]
" AD Manuel on coaching change: "My policy is, and my preference is to wait until the end of the season to evaluate
coaches,
should circumstances change and I need to do something different I reserve the right to do that. But my

focus is to support our coaches and student athletes throughout the season and to evaluate it and make any decisions that
are necessary or tweaks or changes at the end of any season so right now my mode is to support.

This post was edited on 9/19 5:48 PM by the Blades

Blades this Husky needs more than tweaks. With all of the things that we can go and on about let me raise one point: Two weeks in a row UConn took delay of game penalties after official time outs. How does a coach with all of the experience of PP let that happen other than if you have no real command of the team and/or the game. It is indicative of the overall quality of the coaching product. It can't be blamed on recruiting or conference re-alignment or anything.

Your right HG, hopefully the part I highlighted " circumstances changing" will happen soon. Because I've seen the
same thing you've mentioned with PP since his start.....it's always something over and over at key times in games.

He's great at turning TD scoring position into FG's because of clock mis-management. I remember it at Vandy with a
delay of game then he used a time out because he still wasn't sure what he would do when he started with 1st and
goal on the 2 ....... he screwed up the same type of position vs. Towson a 1st and goal on the 1 yard line into a 3rd
and 6 because of to many men on the field. But it's always something that would just require a little communication
from the HC.... like telling Mack that if you don't touch a missed FG you get the ball on the 33 yd line last week. So
keep your hands off the fricking ball when there's 8 MD guys coming at you in the end zone !

What drives me nuts are these game time things I see as a fan.... but PP has no clue that he needs to stay on top
of his team about.

This post was edited on 9/20 8:52 AM by the Blades

Perhaps the next hire will really be THE Hire. You know, that one that turns the program into one of the true up-and comers that we see happening at programs somewhere in the country at all times. I had this conversation at our tailgate on Saturday: Please do not tell me that someone is getting hired because they are a "Connecticut Guy". We need to win games, period. The rest is stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT