ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations UConn Women on AAC Championship!

KHalid, they are like 105-1 the last three years. Why can't the boys be more like them? :)

Any guess on the starting 5 next year? I know her knees are an issue, but Tuck should come back.

Tuck is graduating and not likely to be back. Certainly Butler and Samuelson will start up front and the starting guards should be Nurse and Chong although Dangerfield may eventually start. The other starting forward will be one of Williams or Collier. The team will be good but not as good as the last 3 years.

They could go...
G-Nurse
G-Williams
F-Samuelson
F-Collier
C-Butler

I'm Eager to see the frosh PG.

CaNOLEE-

Williams doesn't have great ballhandlig skills and although she is undersized at the forward position, I don't think she is really a guard. The best thing about her is her rebounding; in this regard she reminds me of Ashley Battle, another undersized forward who would get in there and hustle away rebounds and mix it up. I realize UConn loses a lot on D with Chong in there, but she will be a senior and she is very dynamic offensively. She will get the first look as a starter but Dangerfield will see a lot of minutes and I would assume she is a much better defender than Chong is.

However, the starting 5 you mentioned is definitely the 5 best players regardless of position, until we see what Dangerfield can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT