ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Lady Huskies on going to the Final Four!

I saw the Oregon State-Baylor game. In that game, Baylor shot the ball poorly and couldn't make any FTs. OSU is solid defensively, more because of scrappy play than athleticism. They have a 6'6" girl who clogs the lane effectively, although she isn't a really good athlete from what I saw. Weisner is their main man player and she is also more the scrappy hustler type who plays very aggressively, than the stud athlete. Right up until the end of the game I thought Baylor would win, but Baylor cannot make 3s or shoot FTs, and when you can't do either of those things (1-5 on 3s, 6-14 FTs) in an Elite 8 game, you are going down.

The OSU coach outcoached Kim Mulkey. I thought Baylor could possibly press OSU into coughing up the lead, but it didn't happen.

All 4 teams in the Final 4 look very hungry to me. Syracuse appears to be on a major roll but so is Washington. These other teams have no pressure on them and nothing to lose, while UConn is chasing a major historical record of 4 straight NCAA titles which has never been done before in women's college basketball at the D-1 level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT