ADVERTISEMENT

Commit #4

aman kidwai

Staff
Apr 28, 2015
Ryan Dickens from Raritan High in New Jersey. Had offers from Cornell and Monmouth before being offered by UConn on June 1.

Looks like he could slot into a few places as needed. He lists as a LB/FB in his highlights and also is a long snapper

No cryptic tweet from UConn Football though... he did announce the offer on Twitter June 1...

UConn LB commit Ryan Dickens says Giants' Bennett Jackson helpful throughout recruitment
"They've been recruiting me for a while," Dickens told NJ.com."They started last winter period. They came into my school, and I met coach (Frank) Verducci. And then after that, they came in for the spring period. That was with Coach (Vincent) Brown, and they invited me on campus. And once I got up, I loved the facilities and (head coach) Bob Diaco extended me the offer. And it didn't take long for me to make my decision because of the facilities and the coaching staff.

And after taking a deeper dive into what the Huskies have to offer, Dickens realized there was more to UConn that what you see at surface level. "They were honest the whole way, I was blown away by the facilities," he said. "But on top of that, I did a little research and the business school is Top 20 in the country. And that's what I wanna major in."

But the biggest resource that helped Dickens with his collegiate decision was his relationship with Raritan alumnus and New York Giants safety Bennett Jackson, who he now has multiple ties to. "I'm very close with Bennett Jackson," said Dickens. "He has been kind of a mentor for me throughout the whole process. He actually played for Coach Diaco as well when he was at Notre Dame."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT