ADVERTISEMENT

Chillious

andersonfro

Aug 16, 2006
if GM was responsible for recruiting MAL and JA, and was the lead scout with a couple rings. At what level does Chillious need to recruit for everyone to stay loving him, or does his rep carry him regardless of results?

if GM was responsible for recruiting MAL and JA, and was the lead scout with a couple rings. At what level does Chillious need to recruit for everyone to stay loving him, or does his rep carry him regardless of results?

Fair question. We did land a top 10 class for 2017 & our recruiting has been fairly strong through KOs tenure. However there is the expectation that Chillious will be able to land us even more talented classes.

He was able to land studs at UW, now teaming up with KO at a blue blood program like UConn the expectations are very high.

The results will not be immediate but I do expect him to start competing with the UKs, dukes, & Kansas on the recruiting trail and winning our fair share within 2-3 years.

A lot of how well we recruit will also depend on how will our seasons play out next few years and how high Jalen and Terry get drafted.

I think any talk of Larrier being drafted is premature. He will be an academic senior next year, but has only played slightly more than one year of college ball. He averaged less than seven points in that year, and he's coming off of a severe injury. I hope Chillious has something more than Larrier's potential NBA career as a selling point for UConn when he's out on the trail.

Remember last summer when Killings was supposed to be a "recruiting guru " ( thread: filling the vacant asst coaching spot) to get Uconn a top 3-4 recruiting class, not a Top 10 ( per 24/7 sports 2016 Team Rank ) like they had last year, without him ? Well I guess now Uconn needs 2 of these super duper recruiting guys on the staff.... Because apparently recruiting is not part of KO's pay grade @ $3.5 Mil.....( sarcasm :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Reactions: andersonfro
I think any talk of Larrier being drafted is premature. He will be an academic senior next year, but has only played slightly more than one year of college ball. He averaged less than seven points in that year, and he's coming off of a severe injury. I hope Chillious has something more than Larrier's potential NBA career as a selling point for UConn when he's out on the trail.

Bottom line is for Uconn to achieve the lofty expectations now put on recruiting they're going to need to win some games

UConn as brand has plenty for Chillious to work with but to be able to point to recent 1 round picks makes the school even more enticing to top recruits. At the end of the day it's not how fancy the gym looks, how many fans a school has, or how pretty the girls and campus are. Top kids want to find a school that can get them to the NBA, and they look at previous players before them and how they fared in the draft.

Barring any injury it's very likely Terry is heading to the draft after next year. He has all the tools and was projected to be a 1st rounder this year before the draft. He was also our leading scorer after not playing for a whole season before his injury.

UConn as brand has plenty for Chillious to work...... it's not how fancy the gym looks
I don't know.....KO, Killings and Chillious have that $40 mil basketball palace with the latest and greatest.... that Calhoun, Blaney, Andre and the rest never had, so hopefully they do something with it and Uconn gets some return on that place too. KO needs to be leading this conference annually or the non P-5 thing will start to hurt the BB brand even more, than being in the AAC does, financially to the school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT