ADVERTISEMENT

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

Wow, this got weird really quickly. Apparently someone is angry that I decided to post over here every so often while continuing to post on the Yard? So they made up a fake handle to come over here and claim that I’m not AlexD? Honestly, whoever did this, it’s a bad look.
I agree, whoever is doing that should be banned from this site. I just want to talk basketball so whatever their motivation and they certainly haven’t said one positive thing about me, I wish they would go away.

Wow, this got weird really quickly. Apparently someone is angry that I decided to post over here every so often while continuing to post on the Yard? So they made up a fake handle to come over here and claim that I’m not AlexD? Honestly, whoever did this, it’s a bad look.
I'll tell you what then "alexd." ....in that case, go on over to the Boneyard and post something as Alexd. under the "Mojo Holiday Monday" thread. I'll be waiting.

I'll tell you what then "alexd." ....in that case, go on over to the Boneyard and post something as Alexd. under the "Mojo Holiday Monday" thread. I'll be waiting.

Let’s just talk some Lithuanian roundball about Segei Buckets

Cole has been playing a lot better starting with the Xavier game. That was the game where things turned around for him.

Reactions: CL82
The one role that hasn't really settled is the 5. Sanogo looks very good at times but isn't consistent offensively or defensively. Josh Carlton at times and against certain teams not playing small ball has been very effective. I would like to see more consistency from Sanogo and today against Marquette which has 2 very good bigs in John and Garcia there will be a big challenge. Garcia is a matchup nightmare because he likes to stray out to the perimeter and he has range to shoot out to the 3. Whaley might have to cover him while Sanogo and Carlton body up with the bruising John, who with his ponytail and Popeye biceps reminds me of a strip club bouncer. His job is to kick some ass, much like the strip club bouncer, and Sanogo's job is to not let it get kicked.

The one role that hasn't really settled is the 5. Sanogo looks very good at times but isn't consistent offensively or defensively. Josh Carlton at times and against certain teams not playing small ball has been very effective. I would like to see more consistency from Sanogo and today against Marquette which has 2 very good bigs in John and Garcia there will be a big challenge. Garcia is a matchup nightmare because he likes to stray out to the perimeter and he has range to shoot out to the 3. Whaley might have to cover him while Sanogo and Carlton body up with the bruising John, who with his ponytail and Popeye biceps reminds me of a strip club bouncer. His job is to kick some ass, much like the strip club bouncer, and Sanogo's job is to not let it get kicked.
Sanogo is impressive to me but needs to stay out of foul trouble and as you say become more consistent. I just don’t see the value of Bigs playing 25 feet away from the basket. So when I see him not defending well out there, I am more thinking why is he there in the first place?

Sanogo is impressive to me but needs to stay out of foul trouble and as you say become more consistent.

That's the point- if the crafty John crashes the boards and Sanogo gets whistled for 2 quick fouls in 5 minutes, and Carlton has to come in, John wins and ass is kicked. This is what happens sometimes in senior vs. freshman matchups at the 5. John will crash the boards and post Sanogo and Sanogo needs to be solid and fundamental in his positioning and defense.

It's Garcia who plays on the perimeter. I don't like jump shooting bigs either but that's what he is and he has to be defended, probably by Whaley.

Reactions: ChiefOO
Before we wrap up another successful edition of The Briefs, Chief would be remiss if I didn’t send out a happy birthday greeting. As Al Gilbert mentioned once a member of the UConn family - always a member - Happy Birthday and greetings to the entire Boatshow
crew.

These are the losers that Chief has to tolerate. This dude has zero posts of his own, but spends his days making faces at Chief’s posts. Why the moderators tolerate sick people like that is beyond me. Just makes the forum look unprofessional.

These are the losers that Chief has to tolerate. This dude has zero posts of his own, but spends his days making faces at Chief’s posts. Why the moderators tolerate sick people like that is beyond me. Just makes the forum look unprofessional.

Been around this board forever, just another name. Unlike you .

Reactions: ChiefOO
Wow that would make it three times as many fans as haters since these are all fake posts from the same guy, at least that's what your BY iteration is saying.

We are already getting bored don’t worry soon you will have this safe space all to yourselves and Chief will posting into nothing with Blades and a few of his sycophant ball washers there to feed his ego.

We are already getting bored don’t worry soon you will have this safe space all to yourselves and Chief will posting into nothing with Blades and a few of his sycophant ball washers there to feed his ego.
Jealousy a sad thing, glad you are considering moving on in your life. I hope you make the big step to a more positive existence.

Is that a royal we?

young-boy-pretending-to-be-king-picture-id480524873

"We are displeased with this site and shall not be posting much longer."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT