ADVERTISEMENT

Chief’s Briefs - Georgetown Edition

ChiefOO

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2021
Not a Rembrandt painting as Dee Rowe would say but Chief will take the road win. It’s kind of cool seeing the games in the old on- campus gyms during the cold winter nights. If RJ Cole can continue to play like he did in the second half - lots of good things will happen. He played patient and under control and shot with a soft touch. RJ shot 50%, had 17 points with 7 assists and 6 steals. A very productive game.

Good start by UConn, but then the lid went on the basket in the first half. Bouknight's faded again as the first half went on. Another chapter to the novel of why James needs another year at the college level to prove that he can consistently do all the things necessary to win.
He can do that but next season would be a full year on a resume of doing it. Chief will say he has rebounded well, which indicates effort and he came on very strong in the later part of the game. For the game he shoot over 50%, had 20 points and 10 rebounds. It’s a testimonial to his talent that he did all that and still can do better.

Over-all, rebounding kept us in the game, so the guys are working hard and we then shot over 50% in the second half. GT doing things teams with a 7-10 record do also helped.

Our turnovers are another indication that we are not playing with confidence on offense and just being sloppy over a full game but the second half we were much better. Ok, now that I got that out of the way, everyone needs to do a better job putting the ball in the basket. You need to do that to win against good teams.

Cole came out very strong in the second half. Love that out of bounds play under the basket and his soft second half touch. He also was wonderful going after loose balls and that lob pass to Bouknight was big time.

Sanogo is such a key to winning. We need to have the ball go to him or through him on offense. He can shoot a good percentage and could develop into a good passer. Strength, footwork and good hands are a good start. I also like the way if he’s too far under the basket he knows how to use his body to back into a layup position.

it’s a testament to how poorly GT shot, rebounded and handled the ball that we shot 2 for 11 from three and still won. Let’s get in the tournament and do some damage.

If we don’t make the tournament this year it will be due to the Bouknight injury and the CT DPH coming up with rules no one else in the country had to play under. Thankfully,as Chief reported, that issue was put to bed a couple weeks ago, but it’s tough that we missed games that never should have been missed using reasonable protocols and that we will never have on our resume.

Last edited:
When Chief watches highlights like this, which I do enjoy very much as a fan, but I do think it does reinforce the in person eye test in recruiting where you see guys miss shots and commit turnovers. The UTube recruitment of KW while on the cell phone at the bar at Grants, only goes so far. I know this is a game highlight and not a recruiting one - so the purpose is different.

Last edited:
@ChiefOO what are you hearing on the Akok situation?
I just assumed the year after the Achilles was a burn year but then we got the usual optimistic rehab reports that proved not to be true.
I frankly haven’t asked lately because he’s so obviously not ready and the season is soon entering March, so why risk reinjury? How much of the not ready is physical vs. mental vs rust? I don’t know how to sort that out.

Last edited:
When Chief watches highlights like this, which I do enjoy very much as a fan, but I do think it does reinforce the in person eye test in recruiting where you see guys miss shots and commit turnovers. The UTube recruitment of KW while on the cell phone at the bar at Grants, only goes so far. I know this is a game highlight and not a recruiting one - so the purpose is different.
You ain't kiddin'... Other than seeing the 1st 10 points that I missed because I don't have FS2, I thank Storrs South for all he does. As far as the subtleties of the game, as the saying goes Fugetaboutit ! I've still been searching You Tube for last nights lowlights to qualify my OP, but I guess because of the low intake value to a flash mob, no one makes those. I did like the way DH talked about it in the post game though regarding the "bizarre" things they were doing with the ball ( 12- 1st half TO's) for long stretches. Take the W and move on ....and they did kill it on the boards 46-30.

Last edited:
What are you gonna do when we bored of this and your views go down to double figgies?
Actually, while in stove pipe isolation your “we” locust group adds to views, in dynamic aggregate it discourages many people from coming back. “We” is actually just a small group you can count on the fingers of one or two hands. So, I would love if “we” did try the experiment of going away from my threads. Suggest you also try the experiment of doing whatever nonsense “we” conjures up in your own thread - to see how much attention it draws over time. And leave Chief thread to basketball and an occasional Bunkey dance.

If anyone knows how to build a message board brand it’s @ChiefOO
Thanks but with some head winds. Need some wind to my back. The 9pm games are tough, since most people go to bed after the game. The sad faces aren’t exactly what people want to see in their small allotted time they get to be entertained and escape from reality.

Chief any thoughts on pregame posts - where you can give us some ideas on what look for and expect?
Trying to buoy his 547 views two days after he was bragging about 2K when most of those were us dunking on him like Shaq on Kobe.

Chief is in the House. UConn will win tomorrow.
Update: I don’t get it self identifying fans cheering against our squad with frowns when Chief predicts a UConn victory. What a sad life you must live?

Last edited:
That's unfortunate about Akok but it was likely unrealistic to expect him to be 100% this year coming back from that horrendous injury he had.

Reactions: ChiefOO
I just want to say that the alexd posting here is not the REAL alexd who's been posting on the Boneyard for 20 years. That would be me. Funny to see someone having to create fake screen names here to get things rolling. I'm not the only one.

Yup, I reported as much to Aman. Report their posts, its pretty sad that this clown has to create multiple accounts but here we are.

I’m sorry that you and ‘alexd’ are so jealous of the audience and traffic that @ChiefOO drives that you have to make libelous claims about the man.

Please let’s keep it to basketball finally.

What man is that??? I didn't make claims about anybody in particular. Just that someone is using other people's screen names. This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Somebody with real interest is serving the UConn community wouldn't make a game out of it.

• Angry
Reactions: Deepelm and alexd..
What man is that??? I didn't make claims about anybody in particular. Just that someone is using other people's screen names. This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Somebody with real interest is serving the UConn community wouldn't make a game out of it.

You’ve accused @ChiefOO of making a fake account in ‘your’ name to increase his profile. I’m pretty sure you are one of the @temery. mchugo guys who are working together to harm Chief because he left the BY.

I just want to say that the alexd posting here is not the REAL alexd who's been posting on the Boneyard for 20 years. That would be me. Funny to see someone having to create fake screen names here to get things rolling. I'm not the only one.

Wow, this got weird really quickly. Apparently someone is angry that I decided to post over here every so often while continuing to post on the Yard? So they made up a fake handle to come over here and claim that I’m not AlexD? Honestly, whoever did this, it’s a bad look.

Reactions: Deepster.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT