ADVERTISEMENT

bryant thread

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Same exact game we saw twice with the Exib's. Simple zone and no bazz or Daniels to bail them out.

very concerning guys.

Get off the ledge. You lost the best player in the country and 2 very good power forwards and replaced them with freshmen and a new leader. Its gonna take time. The talent is there gotta learn to play together.

UConn was up 19-8 and then Bryant went zone and had an 18-0 run. I thought UConn executed well against the zone. Nobody made any shots. You have to knock down shots against a zone defense and if you don't, you lose. It's that simple. UConn needs to shoot better and the transition defense after missed shots has to be better than that. It's early still, you did see some flashes of good stuff but too many missed shots.

I'm not on the ledge....i realize defending a NC is near impossible so I know its going to be a couple of years to get another one. However, this team has almost lost to two D2 teams and getting soundly outplayed by Bryant for a half. If Ollie can't coach an antizone offense well enough and can't land the big recruits like our 0-3 day yesterday......the ledge is in my future.

Wait so Ollie cant land recruits and cant coach offense? Hmm nice signature btw. Just jump!!

This post was edited on 11/14 8:08 PM by mcgoo369

home slice.........I said "if" changes the entire meaning of the sentence.

Ollie is greatness.

Take it to the basket.......make the refs call 20 charges.

Ollie with the T, about fing time.

No Purvis or Calhoun but neither are proven. Can't really point to that as a difference tonight other than just more bodies.

it doesn't matter how well brimah can shoot if he isn't strong enough to gain post position. Facey is an offensive black hole, with his bounce he should try to dunk from the ft line. Nolan......dudes trying for charges when his guy doesn't have the ball it seems.

m really encouraged by what I saw. No one will want to play us in march again. I'd pay to see Calamari's expression the minute he learns they have to play us again.

There were certainly flashes of good things. I think the team will get better from here. Let's not forget Bryant has 3 starters back from an 18 win team. Bryant was solid. They made UConn work to beat them second half. The UConn defense and transition game looked good at times in the second half. I think Bryant ran out of gas with 10 minutes to go. Heavy legs playing the more athletic team.

Dom, I love your passion. I'm just like you, seemingly living and breathing on every play of every game. That's what Huskie basketball is all about. We have never, EVER, been a team that blows overmatched teams out of the gym (sort of like those pansies in Durham, NC. See the final score of their game tonight as an example).

Remember UCONN has always been about not how you start but rather how you finish!

By the way Khalid while we have had our differences in the past and although I swore off acknowledging your posts, I must say they have been more on point and spot on recently. At times one must eat some humble pie. Thanks for sharing your consistent analysis and feedback. As someone who does not have the opportunity to hear about the Huskies progress on a regular basis due to lack of coverage in regards to where I live (ACC country), it is appreciated.

Uconn is great. Dominic frank has to get off this pro uconn blog. The guy is a total weirdo.

It's all good, I'm so amped for kids to play to their potential it kills me. No one can out passion me for this school.

plus I've been this way for 4 titles now, it would be bad karma to reverse course and not live on every possession like I do. I like the rush and the pressure we have as UCONN alumni, Connecticut residents, life long fans, etc....

I liked a lot if what i saw. I liked facey the most. Our biggest question is pf. He really attacked the boards. I hope he can do that against better comp.

From the highlights Boat looked like a bad mofo.

It would be weird to start 2 freshman (Hamilton and Cassell Jr) but as Boat said, Cassell Jr is older than him and pretty poised. Hamilton was thought to be the best fresh in the Big East and one of the best in the country by that scout in an article linked a couple weeks ago. These guys are really talented and will be tough to hang with for NCAA Tourney teams.

Imagine how deep we could be with Purvis, Calhoun and Samuel off the bench. That level of talent is going to consistently outplay opponents' reserves. We're going to close gaps and build leads with our depth.

Although Cassell Jr. is rookie at UConn he is actually a sophomore in eligibility. Plays with maturity however and I think he will do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT