ADVERTISEMENT

Bouknight Out Indefinitely After Surgery

This means that Polley, Martin and Cole all need to step up. I suspect Polley might have to start now and Adams' minutes will go up. It also means it will be very tough for UConn to beat the top 3 in the Big East without Bouk, who is sort of a wild card that opens things up for others. They did play pretty good in 3 games without him so far, and Akok is rounding into shape, so there is that.........

No bueno!

Do hoop guys get a free year like football this season? In other words, could Whaley come back next year? Not that Bouk would come back, even if he misses this entire year.

I had thought that the idea of Bouk being out another 2 games would not be a bad thing as it could mean continued growth for Cole, Martin, and Adams, and more looks for the red hot Polley. But beyond the next 2 games waits Creighton, and I feel like UConn will be hard pressed to beat them, especially since UConn could not beat them with Bouk Scoring 40. He is going to miss a very big chunk of season and maybe all of it.

It's going to be closer to 4 weeks on Bouk, surgery January 12 means probably February 11 return. AJ will be back sooner.

Here are the possible games Bouk could miss, 8 total games through 2/13, 4 road and 4 home games. I would say a 5-3 mark is doable. I see the losses at Creighton and Xavier and PC. Seton Hall at home will be tough but that is the game where the bigs will all get heavy minutes.

Mon, Jan 18vsSt. John's5:00 PMFS1
Wed, Jan 20vsXavier8:30 PMCBSSN
Sat, Jan 23@8 CreightonTBDFOX
Tue, Jan 26vsButler8:30 PMFS1
Sun, Jan 31@St. John's3:30 PMFOX
Sat, Feb 6vsSeton HallTBDFOX
Wed, Feb 10@ProvidenceTBDFS1
Sat, Feb 13@XavierTBDFOX

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT