ADVERTISEMENT

Borges: 5 Takeaways From First 2 Games

Also funny Borges mentions this: " Would you prefer losses to the likes of Wagner and Northeastern, or ugly, overtime wins over Columbia and Monmouth? "
.....the KO apologists never thought anything was wrong the last few years, when Uconn opened the seasons like this vs. a bunch of mediocre mid-major teams.
Success leaves clues, so does coaching mediocrity.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Do writers even edit their work anymore ? " For the Huskies to get back to the Big Dance for the first time in three years, they’re going to really have to make hay in the league — and possibly need to the conference tournament in Memphis to earn the automatic bid."
.....need to....... what ? ( Win)............the conference tounament..

There are so many errors and retractions in stories I read online these days that I view it as commonplace. Just a few weeks ago there was a fatal crash on I-95 and the female passenger was identified as the fatality rather than the male driver. The next day the Register published a clarification stating that the female survived and was hospitalized and the male was killed. What happens is they are rushing to get the story online and they print modifications when readers post comments criticizing the reporting as inaccurate. This is basically business as usual and it’s very rare that I see articles that are completely error free. In many cases it’s just poor reporting and important details are not addressed in the article.

I was offered a job for peanuts at the New Haven Register shortly after I graduated from UConn. Although I was pleased to have an offer, I decided it was in my best interests to go back to grad school at that time. Glad I did that!

Last edited:
Where's our buddy that thought Ollie was the second coming and then turned on him and did a 180 with the rest of us sensible folk?

We have a pulse again and he's no where to be found. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT