ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton-Langford and Carlton playing in Springfield, MA

tcf_15

Mar 31, 2015
As part of the Spalding Hoophall Classic this weekend.

Carlton is playing on Saturday at 4:30pm.
MAL is playing on Sunday at 10:45am.

Full schedule here: http://www.hoophall.com/events/spalding-hoophall-classic/schedule/

From Bossi and Evans: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...g-teams-with-big-interest-in-hoophall-classic

The recent miss of Hamidou Diallo still stings, but the Huskies will be able to see four-star point guard signee Makai Ashton-Langford and Rivals150 big man pledge Josh Carlton. More importantly, it’s another chance for them to catch the eye of current 2018 four-star combo guard Eric Ayala, who is looking hard at switching to 2017 and has the Huskies high on his list.

With several New England and mid-Atlantic area teams in attendance, the entire Hoophall event is right in the Huskies wheelhouse. Some 2018’s for their fans to keep an eye on include four-star wings Louis King and Sidney Wilson as well as five-star forward Simisola Shittu. One other guy that the Huskies have tried to make a move with is David Singleton — a four-star junior guard from Kevin Ollie’s old stomping grounds of Los Angeles.

UConn Recruit Has Solid Performance At Springfield Tournament
A number of recruiting targets are playing in Springfield during the four-day tournament, in addition to signees Josh Carlton, who scored 14 for DeMatha Catholic on Saturday, and Ashton-Langford, who had nine points, going 4-for-7, with nine rebounds, 10 assists and a steal for Brewster on Sunday morning. Ashton-Langford, 6-foot-2, is working on improving his jump shot and perimeter game, and following the UConn coaches suggestion to develop the "jump stop" maneuver. "When I was younger, I was just faster than everybody," he said. "Now the competition is getting quicker, I've got to develop a jump shot."

also other recriuting notes....

Reactions: tcf_15
MAL certainly sounds like a prototypical, KO type push guard at this point..Wonder if he can shoot FT's.... anyone seen any AAU / HS stats ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT