ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody going to AAC Tourni?

I will be there.
If we end up booking, I'll let you know. The whole corona virus thing has got me spooked - not because I'm afraid to get it, but because I'm afraid they will cancel games and/or play them without audiences. It sounds absurd, but panic leads to poor decision making.

Don’t give in to fear and paranoia. If you want to make concessions to fear and paranoia you can still attend the game wearing a mask. I don’t think they will cancel games, but they could take a hit in attendance for the reasons you mentioned.

Don’t give in to fear and paranoia. If you want to make concessions to fear and paranoia you can still attend the game wearing a mask. I don’t think they will cancel games, but they could take a hit in attendance for the reasons you mentioned.
I have a very strong background in molecular biology and virology. As I noted, I'm not particularly concerned about getting covid-19. I am, however, concerned that I book a non-refundable flight and then they decide to not have an audience, in which case I'm out a grand.

Reactions: Dominicfrank
ESn03FvXgAIKZUi

ill be there for the rematch and every game past that. I am front row midcourt, $75. TONS of seats at normal price everywhere. I wanted to see DH in action to riding hot with UConn garb front row behind scorers table.

That statement implies that it's a go right now but the tournament's plug can be pulled by local or state officials at any time. Would set a really bad precedent.

The Ivy League cancelled their tournament and the Big West and MAC have banned fans from their conference tournaments and there is talk that the AAC may do the same. Which means that if you are traveling to Dallas/Fort Worth you could be watching the games on your hotel TV.

It’s almost inevitable now that the AAC will follow the NCAA lead and ban attendance at AAC tournament. Tickets will be refunded. Air fare and hotel will not be. The fans who travelled already can watch games in their hotel rooms.

Rudy Gobert has the Corona

Jazz and Thunder players are quarantined in the arena. All fans were asked to leave and the game was canceled.

The NBA is suspending the season

There is very little chance of any post season tournis. At some point, a player is going to test positive, and that will be it.

I lost the fee's on my tickets......$19 to be exact. Nice how I get a refund on the $75 but not the fee's. That is 'Merica for you.

Major college basketball conference tournaments canceled due to coronavirus

College basketball tournaments across the country were canceled on Thursday due to the health risks associated with the outbreak of the coronavirus. Cancellations came from the AAC, ACC, Atlantic 10, Big Ten, Big 12, Conference USA, MAC, Pac-12, SEC, Sun Belt and WAC have all canceled their men’s basketball tournaments due to the coronavirus outbreak.

I wonder if the Big East was threatened or pressured by Dolan/MSG to play the games or else? The Knicks attendance is way down and MSG needs revenue.....

It sucks, but it's the right move. This virus is unlike anything we've ever seen.

"The NCAA has decided to address rule changes that would provide avenues for Division I student-athletes in spring sports to regain lost eligibility and is considering the possibility of enacting similar waivers for athletes in winter sports whose seasons were recently cut short. "

USA Today- NCAA seeks rule change so athletes can regain eligibility
Well, I'm not sure about this. On the one hand, life happens, and sometimes it doesn't work out and it's time to move on. Also, 5th year seniors hanging around take a spot from incoming freshmen. For every 5th year who gets a year of eligibility, a freshman does not get a scholarship somewhere.

From a selfish perspective, I would love to have CV one more year.

This does NOT apply to basketball, only spring sports. CV's career at UConn is over, you can't deny freshman scholarships because he missed 3 or 4 games. Any application to winter sports will be shot down in the Courts. These are sentimental actions that do not legally hold any water. It sucks for CV that he lost out on the postseason, but it also sucks for a lot of other people too and we cannot undo all the suckitude. It's impossible. It sucks for the Harvard men that they finished second and did not have a chance to beat Yale in the Ivy League tournament, it also sucks that all these kids lost almost all of their last semester in college and probably a graduation ceremony which may not happen. You cannot fix it all. There are more important problems in the world to be fixed.

Last edited:
Lots of angles to all this stuff, can they get into grad school ?, etc. ...since they are already doing it for some sports..would they bump up schollies for a year ?... WBB has had 15 instead of 13 (MBB) now...would Dangerfield want to come back ? ...Hockey players who missed their tourneys ? etc etc....but I'm sure the NCAA will hash it out ( and take care of their interest too) ...so who really cares, except the talking heads on all these sport shows that have nothing to talk about now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crank2
On what grounds?

Constitutional/equal protection. When you create laws or rules that create a privileged class to the detriment of others not in the protected class, it is always subject to being shot down. This is all just in the talking stage, none of it will actually happen and it will surprise me if there is any inclusion of the winter sports.

Constitutional/equal protection. When you create laws or rules that create a privileged class to the detriment of others not in the protected class, it is always subject to being shot down. This is all just in the talking stage, none of it will actually happen and it will surprise me if there is any inclusion of the winter sports.
Well, without researching it, I'm fairly certain the 14th Amendment does not apply to NCAA eligibility rules.

Reactions: the Blades
The Supreme Court can and has changed laws, I am not sure this particular issue would be the cause of it, but we had this discussion in another thread and the NCAA being viewed as a state actor could happen at some point.

The global economy is on the verge of collapse.
A friend in homeland security (UCONN Grad) confirmed they are actively deploying the military & national guard across the US to institute what amounts to Marshall Law.

A mandatory quarantine for at least 7 days.
The folks being deployed have been told to pack for 30 days in case the quarantine needs to be extended.

No one will be allowed to leave their homes for any reason.
All businesses shut down.
Military will be on the ground to prevent potential rioting and looting.

Once they are in position it will announced to the mass public, most likely Friday.

A serious recession is around the corner.

Who gives a rats ass about Spring athletes eligibility?

This moron Benedict should be worried about keeping basic social services sustainable. Including his state University paycheck

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT