ADVERTISEMENT

Any word if the staff contacted Deontae Hawkins

Probably a waste of time.... how could KO & this staff beat out any of these BB blue bloods:

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Forget Hawkins ... we are in on Kwintin Williams. A high flying juco PF. NBA level Athlete. We just offered.
Looks like he has great bounce and would be a good add this late in the game....something to work with.... don't know about the rest of his game:
2015-2016 JUCO Stats-
3pt- 8-21 38.1%......FT's 70-132 53.0%.... asst to TO ratio-19 to 64..FG-..55.2%........18 pts/ 8.3 rebs

Last edited:
More on Williams here. Not exactly a sleeper UTR. Was originally headed to Oregon, also recruited by Arizona but derailed by grades. Pitt is on him hard according to this:

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/05/19/high-flying-juco-forward-kwintin-williams-pitts-radar/

He says he is "good for at least 5-6 dunks per game." Looks like Shonn Miller type athlete

There you go, letting us know about reality again. I forgot the one new rule when Uconn offers with these new super duper recruiting guru's that KO has assembled.
" Anybody but Uconn "..... LOL !

Kwintin committed today!!
Saw that on a few twitter act's, nothing on his yet...though he did retweet Scouts Evan Daniels confirmation...
2 things.....
1. hopefully his grades are in order ( that has been reported as a problem... at least in the past, I guess he didn't play JUCO this year)
2. and if everything is in order, it's gonna suck that First Night( dunk contest) got cancelled this year because of the Gampel roof repair.

He potentially has 3 years of eligibility......UConn could apply for a waiver and get him that 3rd year, so not necessarily a 2 year guy.

This kid can jump to the moon, although it should be noted that so could Doug Wrenn. Still, with his experience and proven production, I can see him starting at the 4, with Larrier and Onuorah at the 3 and 5, which is a respectable and somewhat experienced frontcourt. This lets guys like Cobb, Whaley, Carlton and Diarra come along slowly off the bench. There are now a bunch of bodies for the 4 and 5. Things looking better for sure!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT