# 20 Jay Rose
ClVWyRPWYAAjD_H.jpg:large

#82 Mason Donaldson

ClV2FRMVYAEbBvI.jpg

#59 Andrew Migliaccio
ClXNXEvWAAAt493.jpg

Last edited:
Also a read from Fuller on a couple of the new FR heading to Storrs:

While Brouse was in Hersheypark Park Stadium winning the final high school game of his career, Coyle was at North Carolna A&T University helping his Windsor High School 4x200 relay team win a national title. Coyle ran the second leg as Windsor finished with a time of 1:27.03 to take home the title at the New Balance Outdoor Track and Field Nationals.

From a PA article about him in the BIG 33 game:

Brouse was originally selected to the game, which has had an alum play in every Super Bowl, as an offensive lineman. But during the week of practice leading up to Saturday, coach Mike Matta of Downingtown East decided Brouse would be better used elsewhere. “The coach brought me aside at one practice, he was like, ‘You’re going to Connecticut for defense?’” Brouse said. Indeed, he is. So the 6-foot-6, 275-pound Brouse switched to defensive end for the game, a move paid dividends as he delivered a pair of sacks. “I wish I got a third one, but I couldn’t do that,” he said. “Game’s not long enough. I had a couple tackles. It was awesome being out there.”

Last edited:
And one one more game for 2 CT guys before they start their Uconn careers:

NHR article- UConn recruits shine at The Rent
UConn football signees Tyler Coyle and Keyion Dixon couldn't have come up with a better finish to their high school careers as they embark on life as members of the UConn football team that what transpired on a sunny Saturday night at Rentschler Field. Coyle forced a fumble while Dixon had two catches for 105 yards including a 65-yard touchdown which opened the scoring as Team Constitution defeated Team Nutmeg 33-9. Dixon set up another score with a 40-yard reception.

Last edited:
Also the Courant mentioned another Uconn player from CT who played in the Super 100 Senior All-Star Game

" Harrison Newman, of Hall-West Hartford. Newman, ( 6-3/280lb ) defensive end, will join the UConn program as a walk-on."

11214092_925597324143575_732321689845388374_n.jpg

Also from Jim Fuller:
ACADEMICS FIRST FOR GIACONIA
It's been previously reported
that Valley Regional lineman Jack Giaconia would be among the Connecticut players joining the UConn football team as walk-ons.

The 2016 roster has not been posted yet so I reached out to the coaches of the local prospects expected to go the preferred walk-on route. Hamden Hall cornerback Kyle Williams is among those on the squad but Valley Regional/Old Lyme lineman Jack Giaconia is focusing on academics first but hasn't ruled out giving football a shot once he gets settled at UConn according to Valley Regional/Old Lyme coach Tim King.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT