ADVERTISEMENT

AAC news

Tulane seems to be a coaches graveyard. Don’t they play in a high school gym? I don’t recall them ever being good in any sport.

Tulane seems to be a coaches graveyard. Don’t they play in a high school gym? I don’t recall them ever being good in any sport.
This pick is the one that was malpractice by Aresco. If you remember it was the last straw & the one that caused the split with the Catholic 7. And right about the 4,000 seat Devlin Fieldhouse that was built in 1931 !!!! ( and spoiled Uconn fans bitch about the XL Center, SMH !)

The only good thing about Tulane is they are well funded with over a $1 billion endowment and academically they are an AAU school. Uconn's putrid 1-11 FB team still outdrew Tulane, even though they made a bowl game this year and just built a brand new FB stadium a few year ago. The other crazy fact is that they've won more SEC FB titles(3) than 7 current SEC teams...yep you read that right, they used to be in the SEC, but de-emphasizes athletics (nice job ;)), and withdrew in 1966 ! ...And they never recovered... but some how Aresco decided on them as a replacement team for the AAC....SMH !!!

If Aresco wanted an AAU school maybe he should of stayed in the Northeast... it looks like Warde's old school SUNY/ Buffalo might've been a better pick the way their BB and FB teams have stepped up recently. Plus it could have been a closer travel trip for Uconn.
( Buffalo FB Get Votes in the Coaches and AP Poll --- How UB rushed the national basketball scene)

Last edited:
The Wichita Shockers and USF Bulls are upholding AAC pride in the NIT and CBI basketball tournaments. Both teams are in the semifinals.

Wichita State defeated Indiana Hoosiers by 10 on its home floor tonight and advances to the semis at Madison Square Garden. I was impressed with Wichita State in their second game against UConn which they won at the buzzer. In the NIT, they have become the first team in NIT history to knock out the 1, 2 and 3 seeds, doing so as a 6 seed.

USF is in the College Basketball Tournament (CBI) semifinals. The CBI is a pay for play tournament. Teams have to pay $40,000 in order to play. It's not clear to me why USF is in the CBI rather than the NIT, but they were rewarded with a home game in Tampa for their two wins and now have the chance to make back their entry fee. In their first round game, USF rallied from a 25 point deficit to beat Stony Brook.

This is a good showing by the AAC in postseason tournaments. Other than the Cincy suckfest and the Temple flameout with the lame duck Dunphy, the AAC has been more than respectable in the postseason and this sets up well for a legitimate Power 6 claim.

Well Sampson's a done deal with Houston...boy it's nice to have a sugar daddy:

I saw that USF won the CBI, and UConn in fact won 2 of 3 against USF this year. Wichita State, also with a young team, had a big lead in the semifinals of the NIT that evaporated due to immature play (bad shots/decisions and an unusual intra-team argument in the final minutes). They will also be good next year.

ADVERTISEMENT