ADVERTISEMENT

A new/old visitor ( Larrier) up in Storrs today

For him to come to UConn I think he has to be convinced Hamilton is leaving after this season which Hamilton might be advised to do if he continues to project as the #6 overall pick in next year's NBA draft.

Interesting, guess Ollie is getting out of the way of the recruiting misses he had the last two years.

For him to come to UConn I think he has to be convinced Hamilton is leaving after this season which Hamilton might be advised to do if he continues to project as the #6 overall pick in next year's NBA draft.

Who knows about D-Ham in the 2016 Draft but when Larrier chose VCU instead of Uconn last time he had 3 wing players in front of him ....... D-Ham who committed 4 months earlier, Omar and DeAndre Daniels (who there was no guarantee he would become a national champion and leave B4 his senior year) ..which was Larrier's FR year. If he does pick Uconn this time around KO can guarantee him Calhoun and Daniels won't be in front of him or as you said possibly all 3.

I like how UConn is recruiting. It all makes sense if you think about it. Ollie is getting the job done on the recruiting trail and he is going to have a team next year that will allow him to show he gets it done on the court. I am really looking forward to next season. I am envisioning the first true 10 man team UConn has had in a very long time and certainly it is the deepest team since Ollie became head coach.

Who are the 10...

Adams
Purvis
Hamilton
Nolan
Brimah
Facey
Gibbs
Cornell transfer
Calhoun
Cassell
Freshman forward/center

Nolan, brimah, calhoun, facey and cassell....these guys have proven to be little more than warm bodies. On the positive side, I'm excited by the proposition that many of them will playing less.

Nolan, brimah, calhoun, facey and cassell....these guys have proven to be little more than warm bodies. On the positive side, I'm excited by the proposition that many of them will playing less.
Lol @ Brimah being nothing more than a warm body, and that he should be playing less when the team was demonstratively better when he was on the floor last year. I guess the concept of rim protection is foreign to you.

Brimah is probably more than I give him credit for, but he's still not that great. And he's his worst in games that matter. All of those guys kinda suck. My point is our 10 man rotation has 4 or 5 guys that kinda blow.

Seems like we have about 7 guys that could be good. 2 or 3 of them may have break out seasons. And at least 4 guys who no one is really excited about. That said, I like the possibility of adams, hamilton, purvis and gibb all playing well.

Cassell and Calhoun were either hurt (Cassell) or coming off a major injury last year (Calhoun) and let's not forget both Purvis and Brimah were recovering from major shoulder surgeries. These guys will all be better. And regarding Nolan it's not possible to play as badly as he did most of last year. He is a better player than what he showed and started looking better at the end of the year. Health and experience always lead to improvement. It's a 10 man deep team. The only guy who I don't know how much UConn will get from him is Enoch. I think he will be the backup 4 eventually but between him and Facey a viable backup shall emerge.

Brimah is probably more than I give him credit for, but he's still not that great. And he's his worst in games that matter. All of those guys kinda suck. My point is our 10 man rotation has 4 or 5 guys that kinda blow.
Nobody is claiming he's great, but if you couldn't see that the team was obviously better when he was able to stay on the court than I don't know what you are using your eyes for. Brimah is part of the core that needs to play well for this team to go far.

Although most of you guys are preoccupied with offensive stats and production and how any recruits will fit into the offense, what I read about Larrier last year is that he is a wrecking crew on defense and was thought to fit in very well with Shaka Smart's "havoc" pressing defenses. I am curious about why he didn't follow Smart to Texas, whether there was someone blocking his path there, whether it was too far from home or whether he lost trust in Smart for some reason. He said nice things about Ollie, but he didn't go with KO out of high school (maybe Hamilton had something to do with that). He slots in nicely to replace Hamilton if, as expected, Hamilton is a lottery pick after this season is over.

The dude seems like he's pretty good at a lot of things. He definitely had a green light to shoot. Seemed to make enough to keep defense honest.

Actually his shooting as a freshman was flat terrible: he shot 26% from 3 point range and 34% on FGs overall. Those percentages will not keep anyone honest, they beg defenses to leave him wide open so he can keep shooting and bricking:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3138209/terry-larrier

However Daniels didn't shoot well as a freshman either, and one can expect improvement as Larrier has a nice looking stroke. I think Larrier will develop into a nice shooter, and we can expect improvement as a 3rd year sophomore in 2016-17.

I can see he's a freshman and had a lot of growing pains from TCF's clips....Really in a hurry to take shots and get them off, whether they're a good shot or bad.
Real skinny with a decent handle like Daniels, but kind of like a young colt struggling to stand up and going into the wrong places with the ball at times. Good up side
and seems very active. Great that he'll have the time to develop with KO and vs. some top comp in practice over the next year. Any flaws are correctable and
he should gain more basketball strength and I'm looking for him to clean up his offensive choices which should do the same for his numbers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT