ADVERTISEMENT

411 on the Spring game - Saturday, April 11 at Rentschler Field

HC DIACO ON SPRING GAME FORMAT
"It is going to look like a game. It is going to be a game but we are not going to have live kickoffs and live kickoff returns. "

Re-scheduled sons travel baseball game to attend. Hope the rain holds off. Anyone going?

Yeah weather will be the key...what is it with weather and the Rent lately ? .... it's seems like it's been a
50/50 shot that the weather sucks....but if things are decent I'm gonna try to round up the posse.... that dwindles
as the losses pile up ( front runners. LOL !) Gotta get a head count to see about re-upping on Season Tix.
I looked at the forecast today and it looks better than it did a few days ago:
East Hartford - Weekend weather

This post was edited on 4/6 8:22 AM by the Blades

Our luck is changing. Weather looking even better for Sat. Taking a friend and 6 of my travel baseball team. Hopefully there's a good turnout from the students with the nice weather.

Looking forward to watching the QB's run the O.

The rosters for the spring game (link)

" have been posted and it looks to me as if all the starters on both offense and defense are on the Blue squad with the
second stringers suiting up for the White team which is a little unusual as it typically is the first team offense going up
against the No. 1 defense" ......" New Haven Register's- Jim Fuller"

Thx Blades.
Other than the 30mph winds it was a great day. Kids loved going on the field afterwards. One of my friends played football at Ansonia so they were taking pics with AN. Unfortunately, my other friend, who graduated from UC and has had season tickets to both hoops and football forever....wasn't happy (outside of the alcohol consumption on his end). Just wanted one long ball thrown (not including the one Davis threw up). Yes, it was kind of painful, but hopefully it's part of their process?

I was actually surprised a little by Davis' arm strength. Hopefully he will be redshirted and then be a presence for us in 1-2 years.

Overall though, nice day to get outside and have some fun. Score was jjjjust about what we've gotten used to but nonetheless it was all good.

Originally posted by Shaggydog84:
Just wanted one long ball thrown (not including the one Davis threw up). Yes, it was kind of painful, but hopefully it's part of their process?

I was actually surprised a little by Davis' arm strength. Hopefully he will be redshirted and then be a presence for us in 1-2 years.

Overall though, nice day to get outside and have some fun. Score was jjjjust about what we've gotten used to but nonetheless it was all good.
Yeah these spring games( sometimes not even games) haven't been much offense. I don't think I can recall any
long throws since Zach Frazier threw 3-4 TD's back in 2010 and Johnny McEntee threw a few in a 9 for 9 day
against the 3's the year before....QB....the great Uconn mystery....will we ever see another Dan Orlovsky !
[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT