ADVERTISEMENT

4 Uconn players suspended for violation of team rules

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Wonder if Island nightlife on an off day with too much time got the best of them:

Omar Calhoun, Rakim Lubin,(and walk-ons )Dan Guest and Marcel Lewis suspended from tonight's game

due to violation of team rules.

Hopefully nothing serious. If it's just a curfew violation it seems like entrapment. Take a bunch of college kids to san juan Puerto Rico and they stay out late...what a surprise.

I think Olander was suspended for underage drinking at one of these tournaments either last year or the year before. I think he also got arrested. Unfortunately there are a lot of distractions. At the Battle of Atlantis where UConn played in 2011 I attended the tournament and there is a lot to do. The games are during the days which essentially leaves these guys to engage in whatever extracurricular activities they want during the day. It's probably not hard to get served liquor down there since the drinking age is 18. Maybe Omar and Rakim ordered some of those Bahama Mamas with Puerto Rican rum and got a little bit silly, maybe hungover? If you take under 21 year olds to a commonwealth where the drinking age is 18, guess what is going to happen? When the cat's away, the mice will play. We all know this. Ollie needs to show them the Cat's not away.

Bad thing is they're down 5 bodies for tonight (even Lenehan the former walk-on is away with a family issue)
but Lubin is the one that hurts......Brimah and the rest better stay out of foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT