ADVERTISEMENT

#3 UConn Hosts #2 Baylor Tonight

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is the game everyone is waiting for, at least until the game at #1 ND on December 7:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111616aaa.html

I was reading that 7 of the current top 8 teams in the AP poll are on UConn's schedule this year. Obviously because UConn cannot play themselves, they are not 8 for 8.

I think they will beat Baylor and go something like 4-3 or 5-2 in those games. These girls can handle that schedule. They already beat a very good FSU team and at the critical moments of that game there were big plays by Chong and Collier. Nurse and Samuelson both kind of sucked relative to what you would expect from them, although Nurse came up with a scrappy defensive play late that was a big help. And I really think Butler will help. She played great D on that absolute monster girl on FSU. I can see why UConn wanted her- she is big but has really good fundamentals on defensive positioning. She is not as skilled as Steph Dolson, but all that they need from her is boards and a mild inside threat and she is more than capable of both. She actually could be a great rebounder.

Reactions: UconNell
This game will be on SNY tonight at 7:30 pm and will essentially be the first game of a UConn doubleheader with the men's pregame to follow at 9:30 pm and then the men play LMU at 10 pm also on SNY.

Kia struggling offensively, but they clearly look more comfortable at home.

UConn seriously out-toughed and out-smarted what appeared to me to be a bigger and possibly more talented Baylor team. Crystal Dangerfield announced herself to the world and got some respect. Although Nurse and Samuelson struggled a bit, the team as a whole showed a lot of savvy, hustle, and toughness. It all adds up to 77 wins a row

If someone doesn't take the banner from them this year, Geno may end up with 20.

Wow.....great win. Next year we have a Stewie level talent coming in.........5 titles are possible then 4 more ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT