ADVERTISEMENT

2017 PG Paul Scruggs Planning On Visiting Storrs

UConn offering him less than a two weeks ago and him planning on visiting UConn already is a good sign. Rumors had been he's likely going to Xavier but with visits things can easily change.

When UConn offered I had heard he was really interested in UConn. The assistants spent a bunch of time watching him throughout the last live period. Now it's time for Ollie to seek him on committing to UConn.

Also keep in mind how he's AAU teammates with Kris Wilkes. UConn has emerged a possible destination for him as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afghusky15
UConn offering him less than a two weeks ago and him planning on visiting UConn already is a good sign. Rumors had been he's likely going to Xavier but with visits things can easily change.

When UConn offered I had heard he was really interested in UConn. The assistants spent a bunch of time watching him throughout the last live period. Now it's time for Ollie to seek him on committing to UConn.

Also keep in mind how he's AAU teammates with Kris Wilkes. UConn has emerged a possible destination for him as well.

It also seems that Uconn will be getting the last visit. That looks like a very good sign.

His AAU coach just told me the visit will be August 26th to the 28th and it will be an official visit.

What about waters and MAL?
UConn's in very good with both. Ashton-Langford will take another visit and he's been saying it will be an official. UConn's seen as a possible slight leader at this point. Louisville is likely receiving a commitment from another point guard supposedly. He grew up a UConn fan and loves Ollie. That should carry UConn over Providence.

For Waters UConn's in his top seven and seems to be in the middle of the pack moving up. Have seen that he's been saying he's working on setting up visits. I would expect UConn to get a visit. Could be a matter of if Makai commits first, or even Scruggs for that matter.

Talked with Scruggs tonight to catch up with him before his official visit this weekend. Will have an article out soon with his quotes.

Talked with Scruggs tonight to catch up with him before his official visit this weekend. Will have an article out soon with his quotes.

Nice. How connected is with kris w is he

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...-official-visit-cuts-big-ten-school/89542128/

“UConn is a great institution and Paul really liked the place,” said Mike Peterson, who took the visit with Scruggs and is his coach with the grassroots Indy Hoosiers program. “UConn needs a top-notch point guard and (coach Kevin) Ollie said he needs a big guard like Paul that can play either guard position. We know Ollie has played it at the highest level and could help Paul’s maturation.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT