ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Final Sagarin Ratings-Can't Get Much Worse.

oldandintheway

Nov 8, 2009
Charlottesville, Va.
Well Boys, Before Signing Day tomorrow and a new beginning with HC Diaco's 1st Full Class and completed housecleaning of players and coaches(Best of Luck Coach Foley), just a little reminder, of where UCONN ended up last year at least in the Sagarin Ratings. Nothing too serious here, we all know how this goes, But, for fun, (I think), UCONN #176 out of 252 IA & IAA teams. Teams ahead of UCONN: at # 97 NEW HAMPSHIRE, at # 104, VILLANOVA,(next Year's I-AA opponent, God help us if we go down). UMASS at # 147, BRYANT(freakin', with all due respect,college)at #160, #167 is YALE,(beat Army at Home, put up 43 on Cadets in Reg.), ALBANY at # 169, and, coming out 2 spots ahead of UCONN at # 174, SACRED HEART College of Fairfield, Connecticut.
Now, I have faith in HC and his assistants recruiting, and wish nothing but the best for these incoming Huskies. Here's the thing, as we know HC Diaco is recruiting Long and Lean with the eye on athleticism and length, meaning it's going to take a year or 2 at least, to physically get the new recruits up to that 1A level IMHO. So..., next year, for instance, I have no idea about someone like Villanova, a 1AA playoff team, but watch out. I like this class but of course we won't know for at least 2 years. I wish them welcome and success, but, next year? We may have a better idea after spring practice, but won't really know until next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT